[NEohioPAL] Ohio Youth Ballet has annual patron drive

Christy McCune christyrmccune at sssnet.com
Fri Nov 16 10:34:34 PST 2007

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                             Nov. 16,
2007

OHIO YOUTH BALLET HAS ANNUAL PATRON DRIVE

CANAL FULTON, Ohio - With two artistic directors bringing a whole new
dimension to the Ohio Youth Ballet this season and other positive changes,
the board of trustees cannot contain their excitement. And they invite
members of the community to be a part of it.

            The Ohio Youth Ballet annual patron drive continues until Dec.
31. The pre-professional non-profit 501C(3) ballet and dance company is in
its ninth season and is housed at The Turning Pointe School of Dance, 2387
Locust St. S., Canal Fulton. The company serves children and young adults
between the ages of 9 and 22 within the Northeastern Ohio region.

      "A lot of things have changed already this season and we are moving in
a fresh and exciting direction," says Bruce Irion, chairman of the 2007/2008
patron drive.

"We have hired a new artistic director, Natalya Vyashenko-Connor, who is
young, inspiring, positive, and brings a whole new dimension to our
company," Irion continued. "We have also expanded our venues to other dance
forms, including jazz, modern, tap, hip-hop, and break-dancing. We have
hired Desmond Beasley as the Dance Team Artistic Director to head this new
venture. Desmond is an exciting instructor and choreographer who will infuse
passion into this program."

The Ohio Youth Ballet depends solely on donations from businesses and
individuals, grants, volunteer assistance, and local fundraising events.
Funds raised go toward costumes, studio rental, choreography, promotions,
rehearsals and many other areas to make the season a success. This year's
patron drive goal is set at $10,000.

Ohio Youth Ballet company members not only touch the lives of countless
community members through their performances, but have gone on to realize
their own dreams. Many members have received college scholarships, as well
as made dance their career performing and teaching.

This 2007-2008 season includes various outreach programs at area nursing
homes, schools and libraries. The OYB performance schedule includes Akron's
Kidsfair, Canton's Kidsfest, the prestigious Light Up Downtown Canton, a
Spring 2008 Celebration of Dance Performance and a June "Bring It on"
performance in Brunswick, Ohio.

Patrons are welcome to sponsor the Ohio Youth Ballet at various commitment
levels. All tax-deductible gifts help the youth ballet reach its challenging
goals for the coming season.  For more information, call 330-854-1417. Visit
www.turningpointeschoolofdance.net.

###