[NEohioPAL] Auditions for 12th Annual One Act Festival at The Fine Arts Association

Ann Hedger ahedger at fineartsassociation.org
Fri Nov 16 13:13:53 PST 2007

The Fine Arts Association's announces
AUDITIONS for
the 12th ANNUAL One Act Festival
Hot from the Oven - a la carte
Directed by Ann Hedger

The Fine Arts Association will once again showcase original 10-minute
plays.  We received over 200 submissions from playwrights from the East
Coast to the West Coast and many other countries around the globe.  The
Fine Arts Association is thrilled to bring 11 new works to our stage for
the 12th Annual One Act Festival.

Audition Dates

Monday & Tuesday, December 10 & 11, 2007 - 7:00 pm

Requirements:

Call 440-951-7500 x103 for appointment.

Come prepared to read from the scripts

Needed:

Ensemble of 8 to 12 men and women

Mixture of ages from early 20's to 60's

Actors may be cast in more than one piece

Rehearsal & Performance Info
Rehearsals begin -- Monday, January 7, 2008 - 7:00 pm

Performance dates -- February 22, 23, 28 & 29, March 1, 6, 7 & 8, 2008 -
7:30 pm

Thank you to all the playwrights that sent submissions for "Hot from the
Oven: a la carte"

The following are the plays that were selected:

An Embrace of the Afterlife

by J. J. Steinfeld (Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada)

While waiting for the stoplight to change, a man meets someone who will
change his life.

The Process

by Steve Maistros (Cleveland, Ohio)

A playwright struggles writing the dialogue for his play and finds
'help' from his characters.

Worlds Apart

by Don Cook (Charlotte, North Carolina)

A conversation over the rooftops brings two people closer than they even
realize.

Vacation

by Gerry Sheridan (Brooklyn, New York)

Vacationing with your spouse is always an interesting adventure.

The Venting Machine

by Richard Davis, Jr. (Augusta, Georgia)

Getting the freshest honey bun out of the vending machine is not as easy
as you think.

Kung-Foolery

by Brett Hursey (Farmville, Virginia)

When mothers-in-law visit, husbands prepare.

Thirst

by Sean David Bennett (Somerville, Massachusetts)

A mother & son confrontation erupts in a small-town diner, as each tries
to prove the other wrong.

Blog

by Alex Broun (St. Kilda, Australia)

Freedom of speech vs. public forum opinions or "Who has the right to
criticize?"

The Playwright's Nightmare

by Claudia Haas (White Bear Lake, Minnesota)

A playwright's new play is in rehearsal at a local theatre and is
looking nothing like what he wrote.

Ten Thousand Nights

by David Brendan Hopes (Asheville, North Carolina)

Two astrophysicists discover something amazing in space that will have
an impact on our solar system and life as we know it.

In Bed with Mr. Darcy

by Jennifer Hubbard (Charlotte, North Carolina)

Dreaming across the centuries with the person of your dreams.

Ann Hedger

Programming Coordinator
440-951-7500 x103
ahedger at fineartsassociation.org <mailto:ahedger at fineartsassociation.org>

The Fine Arts Association
Your Center for Arts Education
38660 Mentor Avenue, Willoughby, OH 44094
www.fineartsassociation.org <http://www.fineartsassociation.org/>