[NEohioPAL] *MartinAtkins* speaking at the Symp Thurs Dec 13 - free event

Dennis Yurich dennis at vanityCrash.com
Thu Nov 29 16:29:38 PST 2007

This is a great event and if you can catch it, you won't be sorry. I am
pissed because I will miss it due to being out of town. So fill me in if
you go.

Martin Atkins is speaking at the Symp on Thurs Dec 13 in support of his
new book Smart:Tour. He a funny and great person who plans on sticking
around to mingle and talk with those who show up. It's free.

http://tstouring.com/index2.html

If you are new to Martin, he has spent the last 30 years firmly left of
center – performing with seminal bands Public Image Limited, Killing
Joke, Ministry, and Nine Inch Nails. He formed industrial supergroup
Pigface, The Damage Manual, the post-punk Brian Brain and has had his
own label, Invisible, for close to 20 years.

Atkins has moved into the world of publishing with a new column for
Suicide Girls, and his book Tour:Smart, hits the shelves this Spring.
When not teaching at Columbia College Chicago, Atkins guest lectures
throughout the world, most recently taking a trip to China where he
signed and recorded several bands, filmed a documentary, and created a
traditional instrument and scratch DJ hybrid that has already been
featured on NPR.