[NEohioPAL] Auditons for One Act Festival at Fine Arts

Wanda Wareham wwareham at fineartsassociation.org
Mon Dec 3 09:21:59 PST 2007

The Fine Arts Association
38660 Mentor Avenue, Willoughby, Ohio   44094

 announces

AUDITIONS for
the 12th ANNUAL One Act Festival
Hot from the Oven - a la carte
Directed by Ann Hedger

The Fine Arts Association will once again showcase original 10-minute
plays.  We received over 200 submissions from playwrights from the East
Coast to the West Coast and many other countries around the globe.  The
Fine Arts Association is thrilled to bring 11 new works to our stage for
the 12th Annual One Act Festival.

Audition Dates
Monday & Tuesday, December 10 & 11, 2007 - 7:00 pm

Requirements:
Call 440-951-7500 x103 for appointment.
Come prepared to read from the scripts

Needed:
Ensemble of 8 to 12 men and women
Mixture of ages from early 20's to 60's
Actors may be cast in more than one piece
**There are no AEA contracts available for this production

Rehearsal & Performance Info
Rehearsals begin -- Monday, January 7, 2008 - 7:00 pm
Performance dates -- February 22, 23, 28 & 29, March 1, 6, 7 & 8, 2008 -
7:30 pm

Thank you to all the playwrights that sent submissions for "Hot from the
Oven: a la carte"

The following are the plays that were selected:

An Embrace of the Afterlife
by J. J. Steinfeld (Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada)
While waiting for the stoplight to change, a man meets someone who will
change his life.

The Process
by Steve Maistros (Cleveland, Ohio)
A playwright struggles writing the dialogue for his play and finds
'help' from his characters.

Worlds Apart
by Don Cook (Charlotte, North Carolina)
A conversation over the rooftops brings two people closer than they even
realize.

Vacation
by Gerry Sheridan (Brooklyn, New York)
Vacationing with your spouse is always an interesting adventure.

The Venting Machine
by Richard Davis, Jr. (Augusta, Georgia)
Getting the freshest honey bun out of the vending machine is not as easy
as you think.

Kung-Foolery
by Brett Hursey (Farmville, Virginia)
When mothers-in-law visit, husbands prepare.

Thirst
by Sean David Bennett (Somerville, Massachusetts)
A mother & son confrontation erupts in a small-town diner, as each tries
to prove the other wrong.

Blog
by Alex Broun (St. Kilda, Australia)
Freedom of speech vs. public forum opinions or "Who has the right to
criticize?"

The Playwright's Nightmare
by Claudia Haas (White Bear Lake, Minnesota)
A playwright's new play is in rehearsal at a local theatre and is
looking nothing like what he wrote.

Ten Thousand Nights
by David Brendan Hopes (Asheville, North Carolina)
Two astrophysicists discover something amazing in space that will have
an impact on our solar system and life as we know it.

In Bed with Mr. Darcy
by Jennifer Hubbard (Charlotte, North Carolina)
Dreaming across the centuries with the person of your dreams.