[NEohioPAL] Daubert's "Baby New Year Jam" to Premiere at First NightR Akron

Anita Tucker anita at where4arthou.com
Mon Dec 3 12:00:31 PST 2007

NEWS

For Immediate Release

Melissa Daubert, Interactive Works of Art

daubertm at hotmail.com        (216) 651-0929

Baby New Year Jam to Ring in 2008 at First NightR Akron

CLEVELAND - December 1, 2007 - On December 31, thousands will take to the
streets of Akron to mark the passage from old year to new.  Experience
artist Melissa Daubert has an invitation for every one of them.

Daubert has been selected to participate in this year's First NightR Akron,
a family-friendly festival celebrating the New Year, community, and the
arts.  Her hands-on, interactive installation Baby New Year Jam is a First
NightR feature, and she hopes that thousands will stop by to play with the
band.

In Jam, a litter of whimsical Baby New Years play instruments through a
series of mechanical systems.  Each new visitor creates a new and different
jam of music, motion, surprise and change. It all takes place in the most
apropos setting - the Crystal Lobby of the newly re-opened Akron Art Museum.

Daubert, herself a New Year baby, is excited about the meeting of the
missions of her piece, its location and the festival, "The band represents a
sense of community, an opportunity for kinetic creation and expression.
Just as we come together at First NightR and at the museum, when we join
Baby New Year Jam, we join a creative community larger than ourselves."

For more information about the artist, call (216) 651-0929 or visit
<http://www.melissadaubert.com> www.melissadaubert.com.       For more
information about First NightR Akron and the Akron Art Museum, visit
<http://www.firstnightakron.org/> www.firstnightakron.org and
<http://www.akronartmuseum.org/> www.akronartmuseum.org.

Sent on behalf of Melissa Daubert by Anita at Where4ARThou

www.Where4ARThou.com <http://www.where4arthou.com/>