[NEohioPAL] LAST CHANCE to sign up for Seth Gordon's directing seminar @ Fairmount Center

FSternfeld at aol.com FSternfeld at aol.com
Thu Dec 13 10:30:41 PST 2007

Fairmount  Center for the Arts, School of Theatre
Fred Sternfeld,  director
This seminar will be held at the Mayfield Village  Performing Arts Center
this weekend,  Saturday and Sunday, December 15 & 16, 1:00 - 4:00pm each  day.
The  Mayfield Village Civic Center is off of I-271 and Wilson Mills Rd.  6622
Wilson Mills Rd. at the corner of  Wilson Mills and SOM Center Rd. (Ohio Rt.
91)

To register, call the  Fairmount Center at 440-338-3171 or visit
_www.fairmountcenter.org_ (http://www.fairmountcenter.org/)

Putting It Together – 2 day  Directing Seminar (Adults: 18+)
Instructor: Seth  Gordon
Two  Sessions
Saturday & Sunday, December 15 & 16, 2007, 1:00 – 4:00pm  each day.
Fee:  $60
Script:  Our Town, by Thornton Wilder (participants must read this in
advance)
Seth Gordon goes through the salient  points of directing a play and offers a
director's approach to  preparing a script for production.
Day  One  – The nuts and bolts of directing.
Day  Two  – Applying the nuts and bolts on preparations for directing the
American  classic Our Town. The  day will culminate with volunteers acting out a
scene from Our Town with the  participants team  directing.