[NEohioPAL] Books Available at Cleveland Public Library

Donald Boozer donald.boozer at cpl.org
Wed Dec 19 10:30:35 PST 2007

The following books pertaining to the performing arts are just a sampling of the variety available from the Literature Department at Cleveland Public Library. We encourage you to stop by and browse our collection. The Literature Department is located on the second floor of the Main Library, downtown Cleveland, at East Sixth Street and Superior Avenue. Click on the link provided to access the library’s catalog to reserve any of these titles. For more information, visit our location, call 216-623-2881, or email us at “literature <at> cpl.org.”

Frost
William Roetzheim
Level 4 Press, Inc., 2007
(PS3568.O3688 F76 2007)
http://www.cpl.org/cgi-bin/lookup.pl?isbn=9781933769219
(Link includes cover art)
This biographical drama tells the story of Robert Frost's life, primarily using his own words and works. In 'Frost' Robert Frost has come back to life and stepped onto the stage in all of his former glory. He takes the reader with him on a journey of discovery as we share his triumphs and failures, his loves and hates, and most of all his insecurities and arrogance. Whether you already love Robert Frost's poetry, or you are only vaguely aware of his work, you'll come away understanding the man and his life's work. – from book jacket

Teachers in the Movies: A Filmography
Ann C. Paietta
McFarland & Company, Inc., 2007
(PN1995.9.T4 P35 2007)
http://www.cpl.org/cgi-bin/lookup.pl?isbn=9780786429387
(Link includes cover art)
The teaching profession has a long history in motion pictures. As early as the 19th century, films have portrayed educators of young children - in this filmography defined as teachers, tutors, day care workers, nannies, governesses, and other related occupations. This work lists 831 films (both U.S. and foreign) that feature educators as primary characters, through 2006. Each entry contains a short plot summary and many also include cast and crew details. A detailed subject index is included. – from book jacket

The Cinema of Mamoru Oshii: Fantasy, Technology and Politics
Dani Cavallaro
McFarland & Company, Inc., 2006
(PN1998.3.O83 C38 2006)
http://www.cpl.org/cgi-bin/lookup.pl?isbn=0786427647
(Link includes cover art and table of contents)
Today's animation is much more than kids' stuff. Increasingly complex subject matter has produced a corresponding increase in artistic interest, and forms once specific to certain cultures have crossed borders. Japanese animation has been particularly successful in the United States, and among the most celebrated of its artists is director Mamoru Oshii, whose films defy the premises of Western animation and comment on both individual and collective identities in the 20th and 21st centuries. – from book jacket

Remember, books highlighted here can be borrowed through any CLEVNET library with the touch of a button. Whether you're from Cleveland, Sandusky, Twinsburg, or Orrville, just place a hold through the link provided and choose your library as the pickup location.
--
Donald Boozer
Subject Department Librarian
dboozer at cpl.org