[NEohioPAL] Seeking Actors for Spring Short(s)

shane winnyk bettertedthanred at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 17:42:25 PST 2008

Happy New Year One and All,

I'm in the very preliminary stages of pre-production for the short(s) I'd
like to make in early 2008.

A couple months back, I completed a DV short called velocity, using many
actors from neopal. It's a silent movie that follows the course of a dollar
bill as it exchanges hands from person to person. It was entered into the
Cleveland International Film Festival, and we're awaiting word by
mid-February.

So...I wrote a follow-up to velocity and that is what my pre-production is
focused on right now. Same concept. Different situations. Rather than
posting specific descriptions of what I'm looking for acting-wise, lets just
say there's many roles (at least 12). Many characters do fall in the 18-24
age bracket, but there are roles for all ages and any race (specific need
for an older, 50s-60s black gentleman and 70s-80s male to play a retired
veteran). The first project had 14 roles and I wanted to narrow that with
the follow-up, but I determine that wasn't conducive to outdoing the
original effort.

I'm also toying with the idea of possibly writing a third, and doing them
consecutively (or even concurrently).

So right now, I'm simply attempting to create a pool of actors that I can
pull from when the time comes to get the project off the ground. I say
"Spring", but we'll see how the weather goes...so I could be looking at
late-February or not until early April to start shooting. As with the first,
all roles are unpaid with copy and credit provided upon completion of the
project. Most roles will only require one shooting day of about four hours.
Some may require two days.

The characters in the movie are all interesting people who convey their
emotions without saying a word.

This posting is only my jump-start, coming so early as pre was the most
time-consuming part of the original project. If it sounds like something you
may be interested in, and you're going to be in the Cleveland area until
mid-2008, feel free to email a photo and resume. I'll be in touch in about
six weeks and hopefully post more details as they become available.

Thank you for your time.

Shane E.
a Road Scholar production