[NEohioPAL] Swing in the New Year!

Fran Storch fstorch at beckcenter.org
Fri Jan 4 12:08:14 PST 2008

Swing Dance Classes
with instructors from Get Hep Swing
at Beck Center begin January 7
(no partner required)
Register today!
Call 216-521-2540, x222.

Introduction to Swing Dance (Teen/Adult)
Mondays; 7:00 to 8:00 pm; 5-week sessions
Session I: 1/7 - 2/4 and Session II: 2/11 - 3/10
Tuition: $55

Introduction to the jitterbug utilizing music from big band to blues to
early rock and roll.  Learn basic foot patterns, how to connect to a
partner and socially lead and follow a variety of moves in open and
closed positions.  Partner not required.

Beginner Lindy Hop (Teen/Adult)
Mondays; 8:00 to 9:00 pm; 5-week sessions
Session I: 1/7 - 2/4 and Session II: 2/11 - 3/10
Tuition: $55

Introduction to the original form of swing dancing - the Lindy Hop.
Learn the 8-count basic, swing out, circle, she goes, he goes, and more.
Partner not required.

Dance classes also available in ballet, pointe, modern dance and jazz,
hip hop, and tap; as well as Body Beautiful, Gyrokinesis and Pilates.

Beck Center for the Arts is a comprehensive arts organization offering
professional theater productions on two stages, arts education classes
in creative arts therapies, dance, early childhood, music, theater, and
visual arts, as well as gallery exhibits.

Beck Center is located at 17801 Detroit Avenue in Lakewood, just ten
minutes west of downtown Cleveland.  For a complete class catalog or
more information visit us online at www.beckcenter.org.

Posted by:
Fran Storch
Marketing Assistant