[NEohioPAL] Seeking Actor Submissions for NUNSENSE

Ansley Valentine avalentine at wooster.edu
Sat Jan 19 10:01:29 PST 2008

We are accepting submissions from actors to cast a benefit production of NUNSENSE in Medina. We are most interested in actors who have done the show before, but will consider anyone with a strong performance background. We would also like to have a multi-cultural cast. There is a small stipend for actors chosen. Rehearsals will begin immediately for a single performance on Friday, Feb. 22. Rehearsals will be in Medina. The production is directed by Ansley Valentine, and Paula Donoian will be Vocal Director. The production will feature Dottie Nemec and Michelle Hujar.

Below are character descriptions. If you are interested, please send an email with resume or experience (and headshot if available) to avalentine at wooster.edu. We will invite actors to audition. If you have any questions, feel free to email.

Sister Mary Regina
    a model Mother Superior, even if she is overweight. An outrageous, quick-witted soul who knows how to get a laugh. She tries to convince us she's strict.

Sister Mary Hubert
    a kind person, understanding & diplomatic. Supposed to be dignified, but ready to kick up her heels with the slightest bit of encouragement.

Sister Robert Anne
    a tough streetwise nun with a heart of gold. Can hit a baseball "out of the park". Big and brassy.

Sister Mary Amnesia
    The picture of innocence. She can't remember her past and so looks at each new day with a childlike joy.

Sister Mary Leo
    A former professional dancer, always eager to display her talent. Young, impressionable, and easily led astray. Should be able to dance on pointe.

Ansley Valentine
Associate Professor
Co-Vice Chair, Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival, Region III
College of Wooster Film Studies Program Chair

The College of Wooster
Department of Theatre & Dance
1189 Beall Avenue
Wooster, OH 44691