[NEohioPAL] Tickets are $5 each for groups of 15 or more!

Melanie YC Pepe mycp at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Fri Feb 1 06:58:48 PST 2008

NEWS RELEASE
Contact: Melanie YC Pepe  (330) 836-2626

Weathervane Playhouse
1301 Weathervane Lane * Akron, Ohio  44313

Tickets are $5 each for groups of 15 or more!
School day performances only!
Project STAGE SPRING 2008
**SPECIAL PRICING FUNDED BY GRANTS FROM The Akron Community Foundation, OMNOVA Solutions Foundation & The Sisler McFawn Fondation**

World famous works of art and literature will come to life on the stage; wouldn't you and your students love to come and experience it?  Come and See Project STAGE in action! Project STAGE reaches thousands of school children & families each year. Using live theatrical performances to awaken, enliven and challenge the minds of students in NE Ohio with issues both interesting and relevant to our time.

 Children of a Lesser God by Mark Medoff
February 27 & March 5, 2007 at 10:00 a.m.
This Tony Award-winning play, which details the meeting, courtship, and marriage of James Leeds, a speech therapist, and Sarah Norman, his profoundly deaf student, addresses the basic tenets of human relationships and communication. A wonderful story that increases our awareness of the world of the hearing impaired.

The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
March 27, April 1 & 3, 2007 at 10:00 a.m.

Oscar Wilde's deliciously satiric masterpiece! Considered by many to be the funniest play in the English language, it boasts memorable characters and sparkling wit in a romantic farce that turns on mistaken identity, Victorian manners and the sheer brilliance of this British playwright from the late 19th Century.
As a part of our "Project STAGE" Season (Students Through Acting Gain Education), these productions feature:

Off-site visits to Weathervane performances
Pre-performance lecture and discussions to your classrooms
Study guides to prepare your class for the performance
Post-performance discussion immediately after the performance with the director, actors and fellow students.

Register by phone 330-836-2626
-or-
Online: www.weathervaneplayhouse.com
Space is limited so sign-up today!