[NEohioPAL] The Stark Cty. Arts Calendar has been updated for you!

Janelle janelle at squarepegpromotions.com
Fri Feb 15 16:17:27 PST 2008

Hello! It's great to have internet service again! The most challenging part
of our recent home/office move was waiting on the backlogged cable company
(which will remain unnamed here) to hook up our internet service! They did
do a fabulous job once they got here, though. So since it's been a couple
weeks since our last edition was sent out, let's get rolling.

The latest edition of the Square Peg Promotions arts calendar includes
color-coded entries for music concerts, theatre, dance, written and spoken
word gatherings, and visual arts events happening in Stark County and
several surrounding areas. Community events that defy categorization are
included in bold, black font.

To receive the FREE, weekly, blind-copied version of our calendar, just
email me at Janelle at squarepegpromotions.com with "subscribe" in the subject
line. Or you can also check out an abbreviated version of this calendar-only
the next 2 months of events are included at one time-on our MySpace page on
the internet at: www.myspace.com/squarepegpromotions.

February 22nd offers us a wonderful dilemma: which wonderful arts event(s)
to choose for the evening?!  Among the many fine offerings is the Red Carpet
Opening Reception for the new 2nd April galerie location (and the MANY
smaller galleries and studios on its 2nd floor and storefront, and the new
Kathleen Howland Theatre in its basement.) from 5pm to 10pm, so whatever
else you choose (good luck with that one!), you'll want to stop by 2nd April
to enjoy refreshments and refreshing, new art.

While I was playing catch-up with this edition of the newsletter, I realized
that the Stark County District Library system has so many branches with so
many arts-related offerings, my calendar would surely double in size if I
were to include each of them! And none of us wants that to happen! Instead,
please check out the current issue of the library's publication, Stark
Scene, or visit the Stark County District Library website:
www.starklibrary.org <http://www.starklibrary.org/> . The variety and volume
of offerings is staggering and covers all ages and most interests.

It's almost here again! The 32nd Cleveland International Film Festival will
run from Thursday, March 6th through Sunday, March 16th at

Tower City Cinemas, Tower City Center in Cleveland.  The scope of our
newsletter normally does not cover Cleveland, but this is the largest
festival of its kind west of Tribeca and east of Chicago, so we're anxiously
awaiting it and are pleased to promote it. This year's festival features
more than 220 films from 50 countries. Whether you prefer documentaries,
American independents, international films or short subjects, the Cleveland
International Film Festival makes it easy to see what you like all in one
place. Tickets go on sale February 25th, and you can enjoy $1 off every
ticket just for being a reader of the Square Peg Promotions weekly arts
calendar. (See posting below, March 6th, for details on how to apply your
SPEG discount for advance or day-of-show purchases.)

Just can't wait till March to enjoy all those films? Then stop by the Akron
Civic Theatre on Thursday, February 28th 5:30pm to 7:30pm for the FREE,
official Akron preview! www.clevelandfilm.org
<http://www.clevelandfilm.org/>

See you on the dance floor at Gershwin by George tonight in Canton?

Janelle

Square Peg Promotions

330.806.6520

<<As always, if your band, venue, or non-profit organization is hosting an
event that should be included in our weekly e-calendar, just email the
particulars to me at janelle at squarepegpromotions.com   If you have friends
or fellow art- and music-lovers who should be on our mailing list, they
should email me at the same address and type " <mailto:janlrene at sssnet.com>
Subscribe" in the subject line. Conversely, if you'd rather not receive this
free, blind-copied, weekly newsletter, simply send me an email with
"unsubscribe" in the subject line! Thanks.>>

***

Janelle Hannum Schmidt

Square Peg Promotions

P.O. Box 35878