[NEohioPAL] some thoughts about posting messages

FSternfeld at aol.com FSternfeld at aol.com
Tue Feb 19 09:55:47 PST 2008

This is a re-print of a message I sent out about two years  ago.  These bear
repeating ...
--------------------------

Hi Everybody,

We all want NEohioPAL to be as  effective as possible.   Ironically, the more
postings that go  out, the more likely you all will delete the majority of
them
without  reading them.

So, here are a few guidelines (not rules, just guidelines)  to improve
everyone's experience.

1)  When posting, less is  more.  Instead of sending out  the same message
every other day,  limit it to once a week.

2) Your subject line is the most important part  of the  message.
Subscribers
will decide whether to open your  message and read it  based on how
personally
relevent it is.  Even  if they don't open your  message the subject line is a
summary of your  message and they will read that,  so make the most of it.
Make sure you include the producing  organization and event, and any  other
important information.  IE - "BOGO  for Sunday's performance  of The Iceman
Cometh
at North Coast Rep"

3) Use a prefix in the  subject line to let people know what it is about,
AUDITION:,  OPENING:, SALE:, FREE:, WORKSHOP:, POSITION NEEDED:,  PROP
NEEDED:,
ACTOR NEEDED:, GUITARIST NEEDED, etc.

That's it.  Thanks!

Fred