[NEohioPAL] Something Dada's New Holiday Proposals

Something Dada somethingdada at cd.aztemail.com
Thu Feb 21 07:31:18 PST 2008

Another President's Day has come and gone, with those without the day off envying those with the day off, and nobody but mattress stores and car dealerships really giving a crud.  Let's face it, there are certain national holidays which have served their purpose, and no longer belong on the calendar.  In their place, Something Dada is glad to present our list of proposed new National (or regional) Holidays:

 - Election Day - if you want people to vote, mandate that EVERYBODY, from the WalMart greeters to Bill Gates, gets a paid day off.
 - NCAA Tournament 1st Thursday - Make people take a vacation day Friday if they must, but let's face it, nobody's paying attention at work anyway when their bracket is still pristine
 - Sledding Day (varies from state to state) - To be set one week in advance by the AMA, this is the first day of winter when it is determined there will be enough snow to sled.  For states that never get that much snow - consider it payback for having to shovel our cars out.
 - T-Shirt Day - Again, set by the AMA one week in advance, this is the first day of the year the temperature will be warm enough to reasonably wear a t-shirt.  Set by the AMA to protect those who have been driven crazy by 6 months of cold, gray sleet and think any temperature above 40 is warm enough for a t-shirt.
 - Tuesday After Monday Night Game (varies by city) - Nobody has to work the day after staying up to watch their team play a Monday Night Game (only applicable for cities with teams actually PLAYING in the game).
 - Your Birthday - Nobody should have to work on their birthday.  Applies on Fridays for Saturday birthdays and Monday for Sunday birthdays.
 - Dada Day, Second Monday in October - Let's face it, Columbus Day is looking shadier and shadier these days.  So rather than continue to have it on our calendar, let's change it instead to Dada Day, celebrating the beginning of Something Dada's existence.  We're much funnier than Chris, and have never subjugated anybody (to the best of our knowledge).

So write your Congresspeople!  Ask your presidential candidate of choice to support these holidays (they'll agree to about anything if you promise to vote for 'em)!  Let's make this happen!  You can get an early start on your Dada Day celebrations by coming down this weekend.  We'll be doing shows Friday at 8 and Saturday at 8 and 10:30 PM, so put on your cutest Dada Day costume, get your best suggestions ready, and let's celebrate!

SOMETHING DADA IMPROVISATIONAL COMEDY
All New... All Different... Like Always.

Next show times (all tickets just $10):

Friday, February 22nd, 2008
8:00 PM

Saturday, February 23rd, 2008
8:00 PM and 10:30 PM

The Wooltex Gallery
Tower Press Building
1900 Superior Avenue
Cleveland, OH
Free Parking In Rear
Cash and Checks only, ATM on site

Something Dada strongly suggests not bringing children under 13 to our shows.  We generally operate at a PG-13 level, in terms of language and content, but we can not guarantee what suggestions will be given, or what direction the show will take (it is improv, after all).  If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail us at info at somethingdada.com or call us at 216.696.4242.

Something Dada
The Tower Press Building
1900 Superior Ave., Suite 120
Cleveland, OH 44114