[NEohioPAL] CHAGRIN FALLS PERFORMING ARTS ACADEMY - SECOND ROUND AUDITIONS

Tom Fulton tomtq2 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 11:02:23 PST 2008

> For Immediate Release:
> February 22, 200 Contact:  Tom Fulton
> tomfulton at chagrinacademy.org
>
> For full information about the Performing Arts Academy go to:
> http://www.chagrinacademy.org

*AUDITIONS FOR THE CHAGRIN FALLS PERFORMING ARTS
ACADEMY<http://www.chagrinacademy.org/> Thomas
Q. Fulton, Jr. , Director <http://www.chagrinacademy.org/director.htm>
*
*SECOND ROUND*
*Monday & Tuesday, March 3 & 4 5:30 - 7 pm
*
Chagrin Falls Philomethian School Auditorium
77 E. Washington St. Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44022
(See Google Map<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=77+E+Washington+St,+Chagrin+Falls,+Cuyahoga,+Ohio+44022,+United+States&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=33.29802,60.205078&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=0,41.429943,-81.388785&ll=41.430565,-81.388779&spn=0.003845,0.007349&z=17>
)

DID YOU MISS THE FIRST ROUND OF AUDITIONS?  NOT TO WORRY!

> YOU CAN STILL AUDITION FOR THE NEW PERFORMING ARTS ACADEMY AT CHAGRIN
> FALLS HIGH SCHOOL.  IF YOU ARE A JUNIOR OR A SENIOR AND WISH STUDY  ALL
> ASPECTS OF THEATRE IN A CHALLENGING NEW PROGRAM TO IMPROVE YOUR SKILLS AS A
> PERFORMER, THIS PROGRAM IS FOR YOU! *(*

*WHAT IS THE CHAGRIN FALLS PERFORMING ARTS ACADEMY?*

> The Chagrin Falls Performing Arts Academy is a college preperatory program
> for high-school juniors and seniors.  The Academy is an accredited,
> half-day, high-school performing arts program, which takes place during the
> school year, during school hours.  Students from the schools identified
> below (see "Eligibility") are elibible to attend.  Classes commence at the
> beginning of the school year, in fall 2008.
>
> This year, two groups of approximately 20 students (40 in all) will be
> chosen by audition.  Each group will study a wide range of performing arts
> courses for a half day (morning or afternoon) at the Chagrin Falls High
> School Drama wing (home of the new Chagrin Falls Performing Arts Center).
> In addition to challenging and fun classes, there will be opportunities for
> performance in fully mounted productions and student plays, along with
> special workshops led by guest artists from the professional theatre.
>
> *ACADEMY MISSION*
> To offer a performing arts program for talented juniors and seniors who
> attend the schools in Ohio's Excel Tecc Consortium<http://www.chagrinacademy.org/consortium.htm>and provide them with a joyful, challenging and inspiring training
> experience that builds confidence, courage and mastery in the performing
> arts; preparing them for high-level college and professional opportunities.
>
> The Chagrin Falls Performing Arts Academy will be known for training
> excellence in the performing arts.  It will be dedicated to ensuring our
> graduates have the understanding, creative skills and advanced education
> that will enable them to pursue further education and employment in the
> performing arts.  Our courses will help prepare every student to excel at
> the college level. Our goal is to graduate students who are extraordinarily
> prepared for the creative challenges of college and further study in the
> subject of their choice.

*HOW CAN I SIGN UP FOR AN AUDITION?*

> *To arrange an audition, students must speak with their home school
> guidance counselor.*

 Don't let the auditions scare you.  Auditions are used primarily to get to