[NEohioPAL] Why haven't I seen any productions of "L'il Abner" or "Little Mary Sunshine" around here?

Michael A. Miller msrg-publications at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 24 06:44:00 PST 2008

The New York Times is running an article about revivals of shows from the 1950s.  I've been wondering for some time: How come nobody around here stages L'il Abner ?  I've only ever seen the movie, but I imagine it's a fun and engaging show to do.  I think a west-side theater or my high school did it once before my time because I remember someone telling me about the cast swinging into the house on ropes.

Likewise, Little Mary Sunshine.  That's a really fun show.

I have no motive for asking, other than curiosity.

Sincerely,

Michael A. Miller, Publisher
MSRG Publications
Atrocity Parade magazine
"Versus" social-expression products
"Here there be desperate characters with dangerous ideas."

"Sacrament of Heresy: The Making of Baine Leopold's Atrocity Parade Magazine"
http://sacrament-of-heresy.blogspot.com

Atrocity Parade  & "Versus" (tm) + Tagline (c) 2008  Michael A. Miller