[NEohioPAL] Response to the 2008 Elections Topic

Renee Matthews-Jackson rmatthewsjackson at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 23 11:43:03 PST 2008

My thoughts are;

  To insure a progressive, healthy community there has to be some governmental program(s) in place for Health Care.  Far too many citizens are without.  I am one of them.  I am an independent artist, contracted out to Arts organizations as a sub-contractor.  There is no medical insurance that is offered to a bloke like me, that is not excessive in cost.  I can see a plan for American citizens not being nearly as costly as it is to continue a war overseas.

  Possibly we can look at the Canadian Health Care System as a model to base our newly formed system on.

  As far as the comment regarding "Obama is the cute new boy".  In these days and times I would surely not refer to Obama as being a "boy".  Cute yes, boy no.  He is a MAN!  His ideas as a leader are no more or less political rhetoric than Hillary's or McCain's.  They all want the position.  I would hope that we have learned from past presidents that while running for office they will offer the people whatever will get them the vote.

  The question is, what do WE want?  Do we want another four years of Clinton, another four years of Bush (McCain) or do we want CHANGE?  Change would be Obama.  Personally, I want change!

  The People of this country are responsible for whomever we place in office.  If we leave the business of this country to one man, woman...we will destroy ourselves.  It is time for the people to stop sitting on their laurels and get up!  It is time for us to make the changes in this country that we want to see occur for our children and their children.  We must hold each candidate accountable for what they promise.  WE the people are this country!  Not the president or his/her cabinet.

  It makes me proud to see that the forerunners in this election are a Black Man and A Woman.  I am Black and I am a woman, I used to think those were two strikes against me.  Today, I know both of those qualities are in my favor.  The reality is...who ever sits in the oval office for the next four years should have to reckon with a people that are sick and tried.  But not of not Clinton, or Bush, sick and tired of the mess we've been in for the past two decades or longer.

  It's time for a Change.  "YES WE CAN"!  The key word in that is; "WE"...The people.  Get up, and make whatever you want to happen happen.  It's on US this time, not THEM!  If the country fails, no matter who is elected, it is OUR fault.

  They are one, WE are millions!

  PEACE

  Renee

wsd <wsd at infionline.net> wrote:
  Cindi wrote:
> One other thing you forgot. Clinton is the ONLY candidate mandating
> universal healthcare for EVERYONE (Obama is only mandating the
> children - hello? are we invisible? the adults are paying for it not
> the kids). That is reason ALONE for voting for Clinton.

On the other hand, the health insurance industry is supporting her
because they will make even more money when everybody is forced to buy
medical insurance. What we really need is single-payer health insurance
and get rid of all the for-profit insurance corps.
Make a voluntary contribution to support Neohiopal, learn how here: http://www.fredsternfeld.com/faqs.htm#support
Disclaimer: The facts and/or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the person in the 'from' or 'reply-to' header. The fact that this message is posted should in no way be taken as an endorsement by the administrator of this list. Subscribers should perform due diligence for all goods, services and activities promoted on NEohioPAL.