[NEohioPAL] Loss of a Queen!

African Soul International sistajewel at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 07:59:08 PST 2008

Good day family~

This is an email to let all my friends and family know that I lost my grandmother this past weekend.  For those who don't know, she raised my brother and I as if we were her own children...even taking us to Cleveland State with her as she pursued her degree in special education.

My granny was a phenomenal person, and any good in my character is directly attributed to her, anything else is mine- but we're working on it :)

I put together a small anthology of her and her life, you may find it interesting..."A library has truly burned"...but please know that I am grateful for her strength, courage, tenacity, resilience and most of all grace, for she always had a smile for everyone that she met, and she always extended a helping hand.

For those who are in the area, we are having her homegoing celebration at:Christ Temple Missionary Baptist Church, 11210 Union Ave., this Saturday.  9:30 a.m. Wake and 10:30 a.m. Funeral.

This will be a special celebration of who she was, and how she's touched so many.  I hope that you will keep us in your prayers and feel free to come and lend your voice to the celebration...there will be a procession of community dancers at 10:30, all are asked to wear white.  Hue People and Joyce Ball will be singing...and the spirit will be moving!

Check us out online!  Updates, performances, classes, schedules, and more...

  www.africansoulinternational.org