[NEohioPAL] Fwd: ***Review*** - 'Same Time, Next Year' - Aurora Community Theatre - "A wonderful performance not to be missed"

Chris White crwhite114 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 06:40:43 PST 2008

  Review
  2/26/08
  by Chris White

  The making of Same Time, Next Year  has been in the planning stage for five years. It has been worth the wait. On Opening Night, I witnessed an automatic “jump-to-your-feet” standing “O” for these two fine actors. Barbara Rhoades, as Director, Denise Bernstein, as Doris and Rick Carter, as George have put together an entertaining production which is in its final weekend at Aurora Community Theater, February 29 and March 1 at 8:00. The play is familiar to many from the movie of the same name, starring Ellen Burstyn and Alan Alda.

  The entire play takes place in a cabin at an Inn on the California coast. The couple, both of whom are married, meet at the Inn in 1951. They agree to meet at the same time each year. We are treated to seeing the growth of their relationship every five years ending with their 25th anniversary in 1976.  Both Doris and George share the good and bad moments of their respective spouses and children with stories of humor and sadness. Throughout these 25 years, we experience with them their happiness and tears as they deal with life and personal challenges and we watch as they both grow as a result of these experiences.

  Both Rick Carter and Denise Bernstein show the growth and changes to their characters in a believable manner and are able to bring their audience from laughter to tears with their acting abilities. Both Denise and Rick have been seen in many productions on Aurora's stage. Barbara Rhoades has also shared her talents with Aurora's audiences frequently throughout past seasons.

  A wonderful performance not to be missed!!

  Call the Box Office today (330-562-1818)
  or order and pick your own seats on line:
  www.auroracommunitytheatre.com

  Chris White
166 Royal Oak Drive
Aurora, OH 44202