[NEohioPAL] Trailer Park...and MORE at Stocker!

Janet Barlow jbarlow at lorainccc.edu
Wed Feb 27 09:16:34 PST 2008

Live on the Stocker Arts Center stage for ONE NIGHT ONLY - this coming
Sunday, March 2 at 7:30pm
"The Great American Trailer Park Musical"

Come with us to Florida's most exclusive Trailer Park, Armadillo Acres,
where a stripper on the run named Pippi  will wreak havoc on the lives
of those who live in this tight-knit mobile home community!  What other
musical do you know deals with spray cheese, Dr. Phil, road kill,
hysterical pregnancy, agoraphobia, an electric chair, and strippers all
in one show?  [Please be aware that the show has some adult subject
matter and is not recommended for anyone 15 and under.]
http://www.trailerparkmusical.com <http://www.trailerparkmusical.com> .
Tickets: $25/each; $20/each groups of 15 or more!

For those of you who remember Kenn McLaughlin, when he was at Great
Lakes [now he's at Stages Theatre in Houston]...I thought you might be
interested in seeing what he wrote about this show.  It was because of
his letter that I booked it for our area!  Here's his letter:

"Dear Presenters,

I just wanted to forward my thoughts to anyone considering the national
tour of The Great American Trailer Park Musical....DO IT! Not only does
the show offer a wonderful evening in the theatre, but it is one of
those pieces that folks can (and do) see again and again bringing more
friends every time. We have spent less on advertising the show and have
sold out nearly our entire run because the word of mouth, and the title,
is just that great. We had the largest pre-sale of single tickets in the
theatre's history and the evidence clearly shows us it was the title of
the show that created the buzz.  As of this writing we are set up to
extend the show for another eight weeks and anticipate we will be
running through the holidays. The appeal of the show is

enormous; from the great musical numbers to the wickedly fun storyline
to the subtle but clear social commentary, it has something for every
theatrical taste. And rather than mocking the folks who inhabit
"manufactured housing communities," the play celebrates them with a
great embrace.  We are seeing a tremendous amount of repeat traffic for
the show and usually folks

come back in groups. We are in fact seeing a great number of group sales
much like we experienced with Always...Patsy Cline and I Love You,
You're Perfect, Now Change.  I would liken the show to these two pieces
in appeal but Trailer Park is a deceptively smart show and thus captures
both the highbrow and the bawdy sensibilities of most of our audiences.
I would recommend this show to anyone considering the tour. We have sold
many subscriptions to our mainstage series from folks who have come to
see Trailer Park and have fallen in love with it.  For the joy of
presenting something that audiences love, to stimulate the kind of
excitement in the lobby that such shows produce and to be able to walk
away at the end of the night with a few dollars in the bank, I highly
recommend the national tour of The Great American Trailer Park
Musical...it has been a win-win-win for us!"

Kenn McLaughlin

Managing Director, Stages Theatre

Though the show had an extended run in Houston, we're only able to bring
it to you for one performance -- so don't miss the opportunity for a
great night in the theatre - this coming Sunday, March 2 at 7:30pm!

To read more about this event, please click:
http://www.lorainccc.edu/Stocker+Arts+Center/RandomActsSeries.htm
<http://www.lorainccc.edu/Stocker+Arts+Center/RandomActsSeries.htm>

Also this week, don't miss our Friday night film -
Friday, February 29 at 7:30pm
IN THE VALLEY OF ELAH

2007  (R)  120 min.  USA
Director: Paul Haggis
Cast: Tommy Lee Jones, Charlize Theron, Susan Sarandon

Tommy Lee Jones plays Hank Deerfield, a retired military man
investigating the mysterious disappearance of his soldier son, Mike, in
this mystery-drama from director Paul Haggis. Charlize Theron is the
civilian homicide cop in the small town near the base where Mike
recently returned from a term of combat in Iraq. When this unlikely pair
ends up investigating the mystery together, they encounter some
suspicious covering-up from the army.

There will be a discussion session after the film for those who would
like to participate.

To read more about this film, please click:
http://www.lorainccc.edu/Stocker+Arts+Center/fss.htm
<http://www.lorainccc.edu/Stocker+Arts+Center/fss.htm>

Film Admission:
Patrons, except LCCC students/faculty/staff with valid ID, must purchase
an annual membership in the LCCC Film Society for $3.00/each, which is
good for the entire season (September through April). The admission
price for each film is $5.00/ticket with your membership card.

You can also purchase "Any Time Tix" for the Winter/Spring series and
use them at any of the films that are playing from now through April 25,
2008!

The Stocker Box Office is open Mondays through Fridays from 12:00 noon
to 6:00pm, and one-and-a-half hours before ticketed events.  You can
purchase tickets in person, by phone, by fax, or online.  By phone,
please call (800) 995-5222 ext. 4040 or (440) 366-4040 or fax your order
to (440) 366-4761, or you can visit our website 24/7 at
www.lorainccc.edu/stocker
<blocked::BLOCKED::blocked::BLOCKED::blocked::BLOCKED::blocked::blocked:
:http://www.lorainccc.edu/stocker>  and click on the "Buy Stocker Event
Tickets" icon!

For more information or to request a season brochure or ask to be put on
the mailing list to receive future information, please call the Stocker
office at (800) 995-5222 ext. 4140 OR (440) 366-4140.  The Stocker Arts
Center is on the campus of Lorain County Community College, 1005 North
Abbe Road, Elyria, Ohio  44035.

I look forward to seeing you at Stocker!!  Please scroll down for a list
of the remaining winter/spring events and films.

Janet
Janet Herman Barlow, Director
Stocker Arts Center
Lorain County  Community College
1005 North Abbe Road
Elyria, Ohio  44035
440.366.7105 or
1.800.995.5222 ext. 7105
440.366.4101 [fax]
jbarlow at lorainccc.edu <mailto:jbarlow at lorainccc.edu>
<http://www.lorainccc.edu/> www.lorainccc.edu/stocker
<http://www.lorainccc.edu/stocker>

Other Upcoming Live Events:

DanceBrazil (Tuesday, March 18, 2008)
"RING OF FIRE" (Tuesday, April 1, 2008)
***PLEASE NOTE...THIS EVENT HAS A NEW DATE***:
***Pavlo and His Band (NOW:  Friday, May 9, 2008 at 7:30pm)

Other Upcoming Winter/Spring Film Series (all films are on Friday at
7:30pm):
OUTSOURCED (Friday, March 14, 2008)
THE LIVES OF OTHERS (Friday, March 21, 2008)
PETE SEEGER: THE POWER OF SONG (Friday, April 4, 2008)
ATONEMENT (Friday, April 11, 2008)
ONLY HUMAN (Friday, April 25, 2008)