[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS for FPAC's "Professional Training Workshop" are in TWO WEEKS

FSternfeld at aol.com FSternfeld at aol.com
Mon Mar 3 09:30:58 PST 2008

A U D I T I O N S
for
_Fairmount  Performing Arts Camp_ (http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac08/)
Fred Sternfeld, director

THE PROFESSIONAL TRAINING  WORKSHOP

open to 8-12th  grade and college students
Supervisor: Carol Pribble
Staff thus far:  Mitchell B. Fields, Dudley Swetland, George  Roth

The young people enrolled in the  FPAC Professional Training Workshop should
have a desire to study theater in a  challenging and disciplined environment.
The training is  focused on creating truthful, three dimensional characters.
Campers in the Professional Training Workshop all take a core curriculum  of
acting, scene study and audition techniques and pick an emphasis in  acting,
musical theatre or dance.

&

THE PERFORMANCE AND ACTOR TRAINING WORKSHOP
open  to 7 - 9th grade
Supervisor: George Roth

This program is essentially the same  as the Professional Training Workshop,
except that instead of taking classes in  the afternoon you will have the
opportunity to be in a production. In the  mornings you will be in the same Acting
and Scene Study classes as the students  signed up for the Professional
Training Workshop.

Two  hours of each day will be spent taking theatre classes such as acting
and  improvisation, three hours will be spent preparing for a production that
will be  presented on the last Thursday evening of the session and one hour at
the end of  the day for electives – "flex time."

Play titles will be announced in  the near future.

AUDITION DATES AND TIMES
Saturday,  March 15, 2008
10:00am - 3:00pm
@_Mayfield Village Performing Arts  Center_
(http://www.fairmountcenter.org/facilities.htm)
 (http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac07/maps.htm)
&
Sunday, March 16,  2008
Noon -  4:00pm
@_Fairmount Center for the Arts - Geauga  Campus_
(http://www.fairmountcenter.org/facilities.htm)

Make an appointment online  here:
_http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac08/signup.asp_ (http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac08/signup.asp)
or by calling  440-338-3171

entering our 5th  season!

Fairmount Performing Arts  Camp
OUR TRAINING WILL HELP YOU GET CAST IN PROFESSIONAL THEATRE  PRODUCTIONS

- most of the young people who participated in The  Cleveland Playhouse's
three productions of A Christmas Story trained at  FPAC, including Cody Swanson,
Alex Biats, Angie Holecko, Naomi Hill, Billy  Lawrence, Alex Mayes, Louie
Rosenbaum, David Ludick, Adam Hass-Hill, Lisandra  Stebner and Jackson Daugherty

- FPAC alumni C.J. Bonde, Rachel  Kenney and Sam Skove placed first, second
and third in the Cleveland Branch  of the English Speaking Union's Shakespeare
competition regional finals for  High School students on Saturday, February
23, 2008 at The Cleveland Playhouse.  Thirty high schools participated.  A
winner from each high  school competed for the right to go to New York City and
participate in the  National Finals..

- students from FPAC also have appeared in Great Lakes Theatre  Festival's
productions of  A Christmas Carol, including Emma  Wahl, Aric Generette Floyd,
Camille Rekhson, CJ Bonde and Courtney Nelson.   Emma Wahl will also be
appearing in their upcoming production of The  Crucible and appeared on Broadway in
Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang in  2005.

- other FPAC alumni have played roles at many local  professional theatres,
including the Jewish Community Center, Beck Center  for the Arts, Kalliope
Stage, Actors Summit, Carousel Dinner Theatre, Mercury  Summer Stock and Cain Park
Summer Theatre: Anne Markt, Chris McCarrell,  Miles Sternfeld, Emma Wahl,
Emma Schreibman, Hillary Elk, Rachel Galambos, Arlo  Hill, Jordan Brown, Theresa
Kloos, Julie Marx, Halle Morse, Sharon Pearlman,  Suzie Ponomerenko, Alex
Puette, Eden Raiz, Adrienne Sereta, Devon Turchan, Molly  Andrews-Hinders, Liann
Decates, Alexis Floyd, Evin Rose Lipman, Julia Wilson, JP  Makowski, Christian
Corpora, Talia Cosentino, CJ Bonde, Kelly Pekar, Shaina  Vencel, Megan Green,
Olivia Scicilone, Caroline Hatch, AJ Abelman, Molly Israel,  Jacob Oet, Jason
Modica, Emily Grodzik, Camille Rekhson, Andrew Johnson, Sharon  Pearlman, Dani
Apple, Hunter Evans, Meghan Grover, Jessie Gill, Jordan Brown,  Louie
Rosenbaum, Dan O'Neill, Reuben Wilson, Sarah Difiore, Andrew Miller,  Sydney
Fieseler, Heather Farr, Katelyn Blockinger, Sara Masterson and many, many  others.

A few testimonials ...

I loved camp - I really felt like I was in  a theatre school with classes on
every aspect of the stage. I learned so much  and I encourage anyone looking
to prepare for a professional career in theatre  to come to FPAC ! Because of
camp I feel inspired to take more classes and learn  more.  The 'toolbox' of
all the new skills & techniques I learned  are so valuable and will surely help
me with any theatre I do in the future –  thanks for the great experience!
The teachers are incredible and each one  helped me grow as an actress and a
person. Thanks!!
Anne Markt

I learned a ton but yet I had so much fun! The staff was  excellent!  I liked
how the staff was older than high school so they knew  what they were
teaching. I liked every single thing about this camp!
Dani Apple

I thought it was amazing. But I do  wish that it was longer. I learned so
much! And I had a blast. This camp  rocks.
Sara Masterson

Superb. I  loved everyone. This camp has taught me more in three weeks than I
have learned  elsewhere in years.
Dan O'Neil

Ya know, FPAC  was great this summer and I'm very happy I did it, especially
considering the  demanding challenges (COLLEGE AUDITIONS!) I was faced  with
this year. The program is simply ideal for students really interested in
theatre as a profession; even those looking to participate as a hobby. There are
few educational theatre programs really dedicated to teaching youth the "real
deal" and preparing them for what may lie ahead. I've done many day camp
programs, none offer the acting training that fpac does. The professional
atmosphere alone sets the camp apart from others. I'm excited to see this  program
grow! I just really wanted to commend you for offering such an excellent
program for students. Just my 2 cents, I know you already know it's fabulous!
Thanks again so much for the character analysis sheet! Reeeally  helpful!
Halle Morse

David Ludick has been cast as  the understudy for all the male roles in The
Play House production of A  Christmas Story - 2006. His Dad and I are convinced
that his experience at  FPAC this past summer catapulted him from community
theatre to the Cleveland  Play House. Thanks so much to you, C.P., Mitchell,
Sean and the rest of your  staff for such a wonderful learning experience for
David. FPAC is well worth the  money and time. We'll see you next year!
Dr. Dixie  Ludick
I just got cast as Helen in A Christmas Story at the  Cleveland Play House!!
I used a lot of the things that I learned at your  camp in my audition and am
sure I couldn't have gotten the part  otherwise.  I  enjoyed your camp a lot
and plan to attend next  year.
Naomi Hill
I just have to say that this camp was fantastic. I learned so  much and I
will most definitely use everything I learned at camp in my acting  career. It
was so much fun! I will do it next year, and hopefully throughout  high school!
This has been the best camp I have been to. I have learned so many  "tools"
that I will use in the future ! Thank you!
Emma  Schreibman
We fully expected Fairmount Performing Arts Camp to be  fantastic, under the
leadership of Fred Sternfeld and his talented staff.  However, our daughter's
experience far exceeded our expectations. She attended  master classes led by
some of NE Ohio's top directors and actors, which taught  her new techniques
for auditions and performance. She could not wait to get  to camp every
morning. The campers formed such strong bonds over the 3 week  session that their
goodbyes on the last day were full of tears and  emotions.
Jeff and Carol Wahl,
parents of  Emma Wahl

Amazing!   Not much that could have been better.  Great! I improved my acting
and had  fun at the same time.  I will be back next year. Awesome. This camp
has helped me and so many others tremendously. Some of the best training in
the  Cleveland area.
Louie  Rosenbaum

When I auditioned for Fairmount last spring, I didn't  realize what I would
be getting myself into. I, as well as most of the other  students that attended
FPAC, have been involved with many theatre camps over the  past few years.
For all I knew, FPAC could have just been any other theatre  camp. But it
wasn't. Fairmount was a truly different experience. My time spent  at FPAC was
extremely beneficial, from the guest artists to the scene study we  did with the
instructors. Like Halle, I believe that my summer at FPAC really  helped me with
my college auditions this year, and will continue to help me  throughout the
rest of my theatre studies. For any student of theatre,  especially ones that
are trying to pursue it as a career, I can not persuade you  more emphatically
to attend Fairmount Performing Arts Camp. I am extremely  proud to say that I
was a part of the first year at FPAC. As far as my college  situation, I have
been accepted to University of Cincinnati - College  Conservatory of Music,
University of Michigan, and Point Park College. It has  been an absolutely
crazy year! Like I said, I really think the things I learned  at FPAC helped me
out during this extremely stressful fall/winter! Thanks again  Fred for
everything!
Alex Puette
I learned a lot about acting and singing.  At FPAC, when you sing a song your
friends join in no matter who they are in  front of.  At school, people look
at you like you're crazy.  I have  made great friends here – love it.   Wow!
Amazing – it gets better  every year! I love it!  The staff members that I had
were wonderful.   Improv is so important and fun OMG!  CP is very skilled and
awesome. Voice  and Movement with Arian is awesomely awesome! Totally!
Definitely coming  back.  I had a lot of fun. Superb staff - Sean, Heidi, David,
Carol and  Fred were cool. Scene Study - lovely. I learned a lot of important
things. Fun!  Fun! The Overnight? OMG!! That was so fun!
Angie  Holecko

SUPERB! It was a great camp.
Lisandra Stebner

I loved it. If this camp went on  forever I would be so happy. I've learned
so much and I'm definitely coming back  next year because there'll be so much
more to learn & more fun to be had  & friends to make and love.
Heather  Farr

The camp is  WONDERFUL.  Already, Naomi is learning a lot and loving it.  The
 instruction is excellent and the prevailing feeling is really positive and
supportive.  I see why the program receives such rave  reviews.
Freda Levinson,
mother of Naomi Hill

Awesome! I learn so much! Every year is better than the last! The staff  is
sooo nice and cool (Great job in 'Barrymore' Mitchell!) So many awesome
choices. I learned a lot.
Cody  Swanson

This past summer at Fairmount Performing Arts Camp was a  wonderful
experience and I thank you so much! Now that I have been in college  for a semester, I
am realizing just how valuable the acting training was at  FPAC. I am finding
that camp has prepared me more for a career in theatre than  many of my
college classes have. FPAC took time to critique each individual  student in a
supportive, nurturing environment. I feel so honored to have  gotten the
opportunity to work with numerous area professionals last summer, as  opposed to the
same one or two teachers that are common in the college setting.  Looking back, I
know I really would have missed out had I not participated in  FPAC last
summer, and I certainly wouldn't be where I am now in terms of my  acting
capabilities. I think that FPAC is certainly valuable for any college  student who
wishes to pursue a career in theatre.
Kelly  Pekar
This was absolutely superb. I like  everything about it. The staff was
AMAZING and they were all very nice. I LOVED  it.  Flex Time – 1 word – PERFECT.
Adam  Hass-Hill

This camp  has helped me so much.  It's almost been like a second home to  me
for the last 3 years.  I love FPAC!
Molly  Israel
This camp is beyond  amazing!!!  I feel that I have learned so much from so
many  brilliant teachers!!  I looked forward to it every  day.  It's like you
are having so much fun doing what you love  to do, but learning so much!
Meghan  Grover

I wanted to thank you so much for the wonderful  experience I had at camp.
I'm so thrilled I got to work with some of the most  talented teachers and
actors in Cleveland. I feel I have grown so much as an  actress. I now have a "tool
box" that I can use for the rest of my life. I now  feel prepared to walk
into any audition and know all of the right things to do.  Also, through scene
study class I learned so much about not judging your  character and making
strong choices which are both important skills that I can  use for any character I
ever play. Not only did I learn a lot, but I also made  some of my best
friends at camp. I went into camp knowing only a few people and  came out with 30
close friends who I can depend on and talk to about anything. I  wish I was able
participate in more than just one session, because these past  three weeks
have been an incredible experience that I will remember  forever.
Sincerely,
Jane Larson

for more information about FPAC, including the complete program, a  typical
day, staff bios, testimonials, what to prepare for your audition and to  make
your audition appointment go to our _website_
(http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac08/)  or call  440-338-3171.