[NEohioPAL] Cassidy Theatre's WIZARD OF OZ

Cassidy Theatre cassidytheatre at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 3 11:24:12 PST 2008

Cassidy Theatre News Release
Cassidy Theatre, 6200 Pearl Road, Parma Heights, OH
(440) 842-4600

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Monday, March 3, 2008

CASSIDY YOUTH THEATRE’S THE WIZARD OF OZ
TO BE PERFORMED AT VALLEY FORGE HIGH SCHOOL

Parma Heights -  An amazing 100 children have made the cut and will appear in the Cassidy Youth Theatre’s production of The Wizard of Oz. In the first ever joint effort between the theatre and the local high school, the production will be performed in the Valley Forge High School auditorium in conjunction with the Valley Forge High School Drama Club.    Production dates are Saturday, Mar. 8 and Saturday, Mar. 15, both Saturdays at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.  All tickets are $10.  General seating.  Early reservations are strongly suggested and tickets are on sale now.  Tickets can be ordered by phoning the Box Office at (440) 842-4600 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.  MasterCard, Visa and Discover are accepted at the Cassidy Theatre Advance Sale Box Office, located in the Greenbrier Commons in Parma Heights.    Ticket sales at the door may be paid by cash or check only.  Valley Forge High School is located at the corner of Independence Blvd. and York Rd. in Parma Heights.

“It was exhilarating and exhausting,” explains Cassidy Youth Theatre Director Diana Kullgren, “We saw 174 children over two days of auditions.  We have a wonderful cast ages 5 to 17 years and we couldn’t be more excited.”

The last time the Cassidy staged The Wizard Oz, in 2000, the performances were sold-out before it opened.  A second production was mounted and also sold-out.  “We decided that this time what we needed was more seating”, says Mrs. Kullgren, “and the Valley Forge auditorium, right here in Parma Heights, was the perfect choice.”