[NEohioPAL] Bassist still hanging around and available

ilbasso at hotmail.com ilbasso at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 7 06:31:52 PST 2008

          Hi all!

    I know I post basically the same message every few months, but hey-ya never know who might be browsing.  You all know how persistence is needed in this field, so here we go once again!

    I play upright and electric bass.  I read 3 clefs fluently (although I don't care much for tenor clef notes written down on the staff.  I mean c'mon, just use the freakin' bass clef for those!) and have tons of orchestral and musical theater experience.

    I am seeking EMPLOYMENT as a bassist for any productions that you may have coming up.  I am not able to play volunteer shows or else I'll be foreclosed upon and will have to resort to sharing cat food with my cat.  She will most certainly not appreciate that, so for her sake please...hire me!

    I am "bassed" (sorry for the bass cliche-couldn't resist) in the greater Akron area and am not opposed to driving to play, but please keep in mind current gas prices and the Ford Explorer that my bass rides around in.  I wish I didn't have to be so choosy, but I can't burn more in gas than is paid out for the gig.

    I am very interested in musical theater, although orchestral work is certainly ok as well as more contemporary styles.  I am always open to considering most any situation.

    Also, if there is anyone in the Akron area looking to put together a chamber music group, I would be very interested in hearing from you-assuming you'd like a bass in the mix and quite frankly, you'd be nuts NOT to.  Just because all of the great composers didn't include bass in their string writing doesn't mean that they were right.

    Stop reading!  Hit "reply" and tell me about the production that you need a bass for!

-Brian

**HELP FIND MY STOLEN BASS**

www.myspace.com/thorthedoublebass

www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=555295433