[NEohioPAL] Trying to decide whether to cancel tonight ? Here is some research...

FSternfeld at aol.com FSternfeld at aol.com
Sat Mar 8 08:38:48 PST 2008

I've done a little informal research this morning and here is what  I found...

Playhouse Square only cancels if there is an official "state of  emergency."
Last night "We Gotta Bingo" had 68 people and "Wicked" was  sold out.  Jacqi
Loewy told me that "The "Bingo" crowd was raucous and had  a blast - they were
all very proud of themselve for not letting the weather stop  them."

Jacqi also told me that "Two Rooms" at CPT  went on for 3 very appreciative
people.  At this point "Two Rooms" is  planning on going on tonight, but call
the CPT box office to make sure before  you head out.

Ensemble's "The Fantasticks" opened.  I don't know how many  people attended
but all the critics made it there.

JCC doesn't perform on Friday night.  Tri C has closed the  campus so
tonight's performance of "Brooklyn Boy" is canceled.  Hopefully  we will salvage the
closing performance tomorrow, Sunday, March 9 at 2pm.   If you aren't busy
with something else, please come!  Brian Zoldessy has  done an outstanding job
with a superlative cast.

The Cleveland Playhouse has canceled both performances of "Doubt"  for today.

Beck Center canceled their opening of "History Boys" and a  performance of
"The Breakup Notebook: The Lesbian Musical."  Scott Spence  wrote me and said
"We did indeed cancel last night. The patrons calling in all  afternoon
indicated they would be much happier to not have to travel, and we  also had actors in
both shows coming from Canton, Akron, Kent and Hudson, among  other places.
It seemed logical, though we are heartsick in canceling an opening  night
("History Boys").  It appears that conditions today are even worse,  so we have
already decided to cancel both our shows for tonight. We plan to be  back on in
both venues for Sunday afternoon -- having the first Sunday Opening  in Beck
History!!!"

Actor Summit's performance of "MacBeth" went on as scheduled on  Friday.

Dobama's performance of "Colder Than Here" also went on as  scheduled on
Friday, but they are canceling Saturday's.

I hope you all have a great snow day at home, OR a safe and  rewarding
journey to the theatre.

Warm Regards,

Fred  Sternfeld
_http://www.fredsternfeld.com_ (http://www.fredsternfeld.com/)