[NEohioPAL] Fwd: [AfricanDanceAlliance] Fwd: [FORTLAUDERDALEDRUMCIRCLE] **Easter Day Drum Circle Festival 2008**

African Soul International sistajewel at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 08:19:49 PDT 2008

If you are interested in updates, go to www.africansoulin

FORT LAUDERDALE DRUM CIRCLE <fortlauderdaledrumcircle at yahoo.com> wrote:  To: africandancealliance at yahoogroups.com
From: FORT LAUDERDALE DRUM CIRCLE <fortlauderdaledrumcircle at yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 06:50:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [AfricanDanceAlliance] Fwd: [FORTLAUDERDALEDRUMCIRCLE] **Easter Day Drum Circle Festival 2008**

--- FORT LAUDERDALE DRUM CIRCLE
<fortlauderdaledrumcircle at yahoo.com> wrote:

> To: fortlauderdaledrumcircle at yahoogroups.com
> From: FORT LAUDERDALE DRUM CIRCLE
> <fortlauderdaledrumcircle at yahoo.com>
> Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 07:48:42 -0800 (PST)
> Subject: [FORTLAUDERDALEDRUMCIRCLE] **Easter Day
> Drum Circle Festival 2008**
>
> Easter Day Drum Circle Festival 2008
> On Sunday, March 23, 2008 from 10:00a.m. to 6:00p.m.
> at Hugh Taylor Birch State Park, 3109 E. Sunrise
> Blvd.
> (at A1A) Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33304. In the
> Pavilion 3. The drum circles festival of all drum
> circles festivals will be going on. And it's on the
> water.
>
> "A HAND DRUMMERS DELIGHT"
>
> $1,000.00 prize to the 1st place best hand drum
> solo.
> $500.00 prize to the best 2nd place hand drum solo.
> $250.00 prize to the best 3rd place hand drum solo.
> *(drum solo people please call for rules and
> regulations and contest entry)*
>

> An all day drumming experience from drummers all
> over
> the country and world. If you missed our Labor Day
> Festival, our Thanksgiving Day Festival, our
> Christmas
> Day Festival positively don't miss this one. It's
> going to be off the hook guarantee!!
>
> Dancers, musicians, spoken word, artists, tourists,
> locals are all welcome.
>
> Extensive Food Court with over 30 food varieties
> with
> drinks. We only feed drummers super quality food,
> price is no object at our festivals. If you been to
> ours you know that. We have paid salary cooks so no
> drummers have to cook only drum.
>
> Special Guest Master Drummers And Dancers.
>
> Bring drum, chair, blanket, umbrella, and a positive
> mental attitude. All welcome.
>
> Children's playground, hiking, fishing, boat
> watching,
> biking, are all within sight of Pavilion 3.
>
> Special free African gifts given to the first 50
> people who arrive in the morning. And if you receive
> gift from us in the past; it is not a cheap gift.
>
> Fort Lauderdale Drum Circle
> further information: 954-839-5732
> $7.00 membership includes lunch, dinner and drinks.
>

> WHAT IS A DRUM CIRCLE?
> A DRUM CIRCLE IS A GROUP OF PEOPLE COMING TOGETHER
> TO CREATE IN THE MOMENT MUSIC USING HAND DRUMS AND
> PERCUSSION INSTRUMENTS. A DRUM CIRCLE IS NOT A
> PERCUSSION ENSEMBLE PERFORMING A PREPARED PIECE OF
> MUSIC, OR A DRUMMING CLASS LED BY A TEACHER, NOR ANY
> GROUP RE-CREATING MUSIC IT HAS PLAYED BEFORE. DRUM
> CIRCLES ARE A FORM OF RECREATIONAL MUSIC MAKING
> WHICH MEANS THAT THE FOCUS IS NOT ON PERFORMANCE BUT
> RATHER ON PERSONAL OR GROUP DEVELOPMENT AND WELLNESS
> OR JUST PLAIN FUN.

> http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

WHAT IS A DRUM CIRCLE?
> [...]

__._,_.___   Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

      Recent Activity

      1
  New Members

Visit Your Group
      Lawn & Garden
  on Yahoo! Groups
  For all things
  green and growing.

    Featured Y! Groups
  and category pages.
  There is something
  for everyone.

    All-Bran
  10 Day Challenge
  Join the club and
  feel the benefits.

  .

Check us out online!  Updates, performances, classes, schedules, and more...

  www.africansoulinternational.org