[NEohioPAL] Diana Tyler Will Host Guitaraoke AND Play Irish Tunes This Saturday in Elyria (Plus other news)

diana at dianatyler.com diana at dianatyler.com
Thu Mar 13 23:22:05 PDT 2008

JUST A REMINDER--

This Saturday, March 15
6-8 p.m.
Carlisle Cafe, 1509 Grafton Rd. (at Fuller), in Elyria (440-458-6516)
Featuring--Diana Tyler, her guitar, Irish songs, "regular" songs (as you request)...and YOU!!
The Carlisle Cafe serves REAL food...and beverages...some even of the "adult" kind!  (But if you want green beer, you'd better bring your own food coloring...yeech!!)
-------------------

NOT into the Irish music and/or guitaraoke thing?  Rather eat spaghetti and meatballs for a good cause?
Then hit Eaton Township Fire Department's benefit Spaghetti Dinner.  Thanks to last week's amazing snowstorm, the dinner had to be moved to this Saturday (March 15), 5:30-7 p.m. at the Eaton Township Fire Station (just east of the intersection of State Routes 82 & 83.)  I *think* dinner is around $6-8...but it's a charity event...so give 'em more, ok???  (Obviously, I won't be able to attend, as I'll be "getting my Irish on" at the Carlisle Cafe...but tell 'em Diana sent you, ok?  [*sigh*  Yes, Cindy, I'll send you a check...!])

------------------

I also host a musicians' gathering on select Sunday afternoons; this Sunday, March 16, happens to be one of them.  You'll find us at North Eaton Christian Church, 35895 Royalton Rd. (next door to the above-mentioned fire station), noon-???.  Bring your instrument, your voice, a song to teach or share...whatever.  It's fun and low-key/non-threatening.  All skill levels (or lack thereof) are welcome.  Seriously.

-----------------

ONE FINAL THING:

You may have heard that next week is what Christians call "Holy Week".  If you're looking to experience what that means, I invite you to attend one or more of the following at the above-referenced North Eaton Christian Church:

Palm Sunday, March 16--Worship at 8 a.m. & 9:30 a.m. (I'll be providing an original musical selection at both services.); Easter egg hunt for children ages 2-grade 5 at 2 p.m.

Maundy Thursday, March 20--Seder meal at 6:30 p.m., featuring dinner, worship music by Sonia and Rick Bihary and Davidic dance.  A freewill offering will help offset meal costs.  R.S.V.P. to 748-2230 by Tues., March 18.  (I have another commitment and can't attend this...but I wish I could!!)

Easter Sunday, March 23--Sunrise worship service OUTSIDE at Butternut Ridge Cemetery (Durkee & Butternut Ridge Rds., Eaton Township), 6 a.m. (dress warmly..and bring a flashlight!  [Sounds intriguing, no??]  If it's not actively snowing or raining, I'll provide the service music on guitar); breakfast at the church at 6:45 a.m. (just a few $$).  Worship at the church at 8 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. (I'll be at all of the above--a little tired, but still feeling the joy of the day...  If you decide to attend, please find me and introduce yourself!)

I invite you to these events because I care, and because (all together now:)  "People LIKE to be invited!!"

For more information, call the church office (440-748-2230) or visit the NECC website:  www.neccdisciples.com .

Love and blessings,
Diana Tyler
www.dianatyler.com