[NEohioPAL] Hand Building Ceramics and Painting Classes At Art House!

Art House arthousecleveland at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 09:23:44 PDT 2008

 *Art House Inc.  Where Art Lives!*

Art House is located on the Near West Side across the valley from the Zoo.
3119 Denison Ave.  Cleveland, OH 44109   216-398-8556
www.arthouseinc.org

We are a non-profit art center. The  domed structure the Quonset of the
building looks like we should be working on airplanes. While we don't
literally create airplanes, *People learn to fly at Art House. * In this
welcoming space you are free *to take a leap*, *take a risk* *and CREATE.

*

   -
   -
   - Hand Building in Ceramics 3/24
   - Acrylic Painting 3/25
   - Improv for Fun 4/2
   - Rubber Stamp Art (this ain't your mother's rubber stamps) 4/3
   - Drawing 4/3
   -  Silk Painting 4/15

**
**

Hands in Clay: Introductory Ceramics in Hand Building

*Instructor: *Yumiko Goto

*6 weeks Mondays, March 24**th **‐** April 28**th **6:30**‐**8:30 p.m.*

*Price for Member: *$133 *Price for Non**‐**member: *$148 **

Find your inner creativity and share your unique vision. Spend relaxing and
magical quality time exploring the medium of clay. This class will expose
you to a diverse range of hand building techniques such as pinching, slab
and coiling methods. We will embellish and add texture to our final
creations with glazing, scrafito, stamping and sprigging.

Beginners and beyond are welcome. **Class fee includes clay, slab roller,
glazes and firings of several pieces**

Painting with Acrylics

*Instructor: *Lyndsey Kauffman

*6 weeks Tuesdays, March 25**th **‐** April 29**th **6:30**‐**8:30 p.m.*

*Price for Member: *$80 *Price for Non**‐**member: *$88 *Registration
Deadline: *March 18th

Take the intimidation out of painting with a fun, acrylic painting class.
This class is for anyone interested in learning traditional painting styles
and techniques. Students will learn six basic steps to use in creating a
successful, realistic painting from a photograph. Bring in an interesting
photograph to paint from and you will leave with a painting to be proud of!

Improvisation for the Fun of It

Improve your Life through Play

*Instructor: *Faye Hargate

*5 weeks Wednesdays, April 2**nd **‐** April 30**th **6:30**‐**8:00 p.m.*

*Price for Member: *$53 *Price for Non**‐**member: *$59 *Registration
Deadline: *March 26th

Adults will explore how play and exuberance are beneficial to health and
happiness. Join this safe,
supportive environment where we will delve into the basic tenets of
improvisation: teamwork, listening and openness to play. The lessons learned
can be applied outside the classroom in everyday life to enhance the quality
of  flow.

Rubber Stamp Art

K - Adult Bring Your Whole Family!

*Instructor*: Melissa Nilsen

*5 weeks Thursdays, April 3**rd **‐** May 1**st **6:30**‐**7:30 p.m.*

*Price for Member: *$41 *Price for Non**‐**member: *$46 *Registration
Deadline: *March 27th

Discover the versatility and vast uses of rubber stamps. We will use
stamping to create greeting cards,
bookmarks, gift wrap, bags, tags and stationary. Learn how to integrate
embossing, water colors, and chalk pastels with your stamped creations. You
will even get a chance to create your own rubber stamps!

Drawing with an Artist's Eye

Design. Deconstruct. Transform.

*Instructor: *Kate Ward Terry

*5 weeks Thursdays, April 3**rd **‐** May 1**st **6:30**‐**8:30 p.m.*

*Price for Member: *$70 *Price for Non**‐**member: *$78 *Registration
Deadline: *March 27th

What is in a picture? Take a photo from your family album and or magazine
and discover how to look at it with an artist's eyes. Using our photographs
as inspiration, we will study the photo's shape, form, color, line, and
movement in photos and learn how to transform our initial observations into
completely new drawings.

Silk Painting

*Instructor: *Peggy Wertheim

*4 weeks Tuesdays, April 15**th **‐** May 6**th **6:30**‐**8:30 p.m.*

*Price for Member: *$56 *Price for Non**‐**member: *$62 *Registration
Deadline: *April 8th

Discover and create radiant art on silk. Students will explore painting
techniques including color blending, salt and discharge highlighting with
resist application. Create unique one of a kind silk scarves and wall
hangings. New and continuing students welcome!

Call 216-398-8556 to register today.