[NEohioPAL] open letter to neopal re: demonstration postings

rebekka willow janedoe963 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 04:41:57 PDT 2008

I post a lot of demonstrations on this list serve.  Sometimes people contact
me telling me that politics don't belong here.  My response is always the
same: demonstration is performance art.  At the very least it could be
considered street theater.  I think the real problem that people have is the
content of the demonstration, and, if you don't like the content, I suggest
that you do what you do whenever you don't have interest in a play/dance
recital/concert/art opening: there is a little button on your keyboard that
says "delete;" use it.  It is precisely because we have tried to
compartmentalize our reality into such neat little packages and divorced
ourselves from  talking about anything that matters that we our in such a
place in the world, in the middle of a war and threatening others.  Further,
great art isn't neat and nice and easily digested.  Great art forces it self
upon you and does not allow you to turn away.  Great art discuss issues; it
has content and pushes boundaries.  (Not that I think our demonstrations are
great art, just saying.) I will continue to post on NEOPAL until our
gracious host turns me away, and then I will protest him!  Just kidding;
thank you, Fred!

Peace,
Willow

God picks up the reed-flute world and blows.  -Rumi