[NEohioPAL] TAKE PIANO LESSONS at the studio of Mark Greer

Mark Greer virtuoso1873 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 12:30:32 PDT 2008

Dear Prospective Students and Parents,

    My name is Mark Greer and I am currently accepting new and transfer students from beginning through advanced levels. My piano studio is located in the Stow/Kent/Hudson area and I look forward to working with you in the future, and helping you achieve your artistic and musical dreams!  Students will be trained in Theory, Repertoire, Technique, Musicianship, and Performance.

For more information and to set up an interview/audition,
please contact me directly at 330-388-0981.

Below is a copy of my biography for further information to
inquiring students.

All best,
  Mark Greer

    A native of Akron, Ohio, Mark Greer completed his Bachelor of Music Degree, magna cum laude, in piano performance at Bowling Green State University where he studied with Dr. Laura Melton. He is currently an M.M. candidate in Piano Performance at Kent State University under Dr. Jerry Wong. Prizes and Honors include 1st prize in the state finals of the 2005 OMTA Collegiate Buckeye Competition, 2nd prize at the 2003 Tuesday Musical Competition, Honors in the 2004 and 2006 OMTA Graves Young Artist Competitions, was one of two piano finalists in the 2004 Bowling Green University Concerto Competition, and was the 2005 recipient of the college’s Steve Vun Cannon Memorial Award.  He recently made his Carnegie Hall debut at Weill Recital Hall (NYC) in March of 2006.  In November of 2004, Greer was the only American pianist to perform on the Dorothy MacKenzie Price Dedication Concert.  During the summer of 2004, he was featured live on Vermont Public Radio
 performing music by Samuel Barber.  He has participated in masterclasses with Nelita True, Enrico Elisi, Lambis Vassiliadis, and Virginia Marks.  As a student at the Adamant Music School, he worked with pianists Paul Alberts and Gwen Beamish.  Other teachers include Dr. Jane Solose and Mary Ann Griebling.
    In addition to piano, Greer is an accomplished composer, having been a two-time national prizewinner in the NFMC Composers Contest where he received the Olga Klein Nelson Chamber Music Award for his piece Trois Spectacles. Other awards include a prizewinner in the 2001 OMTA Collegiate Composers contest, Honors in the Cleveland Chamber Symphony’s High School Composers Contest, a two-time winner of the Ralph Gilman Composers Award, and a four-time winner of Akron’s Scholastic Composers Contest.  His piece entitled Aspect of a Mood was premiered by the Akron Youth Symphony under Eric Benjamin, an orchestra in which he served as principal bassist.  During his undergraduate studies at BGSU, Greer was twice President of the collegiate MTNA chapter and taught private and group piano lessons in the Creative Arts Program for area children and adults.  A graduate of Harvey S. Firestone High School and the Miller South School for the Visual & Performing
 Arts, Mark enjoys writing, reading, poetry, artwork, and history.