[NEohioPAL] TrueNorth Read through of UpComing Production / Audition Notice

Richard A. Fortney rafortney at oh.rr.com
Fri Mar 21 13:35:38 PDT 2008

TrueNorth Cultural Arts
Up-coming Theatre Original Production (Working title:  Lorain Steel)
Read Through with Playwright ... be a part of the play writing process ...

TrueNorth at French Creek (see directions below)
Saturday, March 22nd 2008
10:15 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

All are invited

Hi everyone ... our first read through was postponed due to the blizzard on March 8th and rescheduled for tomorrow, March 22nd at 10:15 a.m.   I realize many will be on spring break and another snow storm is threatening to visit ... but now matter what - Kim and I are meeting.  Please consider joining us!

we are looking for both actors and those who have a connection to Lorain County and Lorain Steel - the more input we can get as we continue rewrites, the better!

TrueNorth is proud to announce our Director for this show, Jacqi Loewy.   Jacqi is one of Cleveland's busiest freelance directors, having worked at most of the professional theatres in town as well as numerous community theatres.  This is Jacqi's third collaboration with playwright / actor Kimberly Ceja.  Auditions will take place Thursday evening, April 3, 6:00 - 10:00 p.m. and again on Saturday, April 5, 12 noon - 3:00 p.m.  Call-backs will take place that same day, Saturday, April 5, 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.  Rehearsals will begin on Monday, April 7th.  The rehearsal schedule is flexible, working around the cast ... we do not want to eliminate anyone based on a pre-existing rehearsal schedule.  please consider joining us ... community theatre at its best ... original production,  great director ... be involved in your community and its history.  We are also interviewing stage managers, if interested, please contact Rick Fortney at rafortney at oh.rr.com.

Background info:
TrueNorth Cultural Arts and Lorain County Metro Parks are premiering a theater piece (which is being written for us as we speak!) by Cleveland / Lorain playwright and actress, Kimberly Ceja.  the untitled project is about the history of Lorain and centers upon the Lorain Steel Mill.  It will be held at our new theatre at French Creek, 9 performances, May 9,10,11, 16, 17, 23,24,25, and 26, all at 7:30 other than our 3:00 p.m. Sunday matinees on the 11th and 25th and our Memorial Day performance on the 26th.   the Lorain Journal has come forward to be our major sponsor for this event.  the production is scheduled in conjunction with the opening of the new bike trail at Lorain Steel through the Lorain County Metro Parks.

the play centers on life in Lorain from the time the steel mill, in the late 1800s, began to present day.  it tackles immigration, unionization, depression, success, pollution, poverty, hope and rebuilding, and how nature somehow always wins out in the end ... (not to give away the ending!)  The entire focus is on how the steel mill has influenced growth in Lorain and the impact it has played throughout each decade, the good and the bad.

we are in need of a dozen+ people to join Kimberly and I  for a read-through tomorrow morning, 3/22, 10:15 a.m.  We will be meeting at French Creek Nature Center (TrueNorth at French Creek).  the purpose of this meeting is to be a read through ... we will value your comments in preparation for continuing rewrites.

this is an exciting project which we realize is on a tight / strict time line.   Kim is in the creative mode and things are happening.  the reason for the May production is due to the opening of the bike path and Metro Parks highlights.

we need your input / feedback and would value your presence tomorrow.

To summarize:  we need people to join us, listen, participate, or both - we need feedback - very valuable input.  looking for people of all ages ... variety of people.  actors age range 8 - 80 years of age.  be part of the process of play writing!

thanks - hope you can join us!  (see directions below)

- Rick
440.724.7189

      French Creek Nature Center

      From Elyria, LaGrange, Penfield: Take State Rt. 301 (Abbe Rd.) north. Drive past Lorain County Community College; remain on 301 North until you reach the intersection of 301 and Rt. 611 (Colorado Ave). (You will pass through the intersections of 301 with Rt. 254 and French Creek Rd.) Turn left onto Rt. 611 (at St. Theresa Catholic Church). The entrance to the Nature Center will be approximately 1-1/2 miles further on the left. (If you reach the intersection of Rt. 611 and East River Rd., you have gone too far.)