[NEohioPAL] TrueNorth Cultural Arts - AUDITIONS - BLOOMS OF STEEL - APRIL 3 AND 5

Richard A. Fortney rafortney at oh.rr.com
Sat Mar 29 05:17:50 PDT 2008

AUDITIONS ... AUDITIONS ... AUDITIONS ... AUDITIONS .
AUDITIONS ... AUDITIONS ... AUDITIONS ... AUDITIONS .
AUDITIONS ... AUDITIONS ... AUDITIONS ... AUDITIONS .

Thursday, April 3, 6 to 10 p.m.
Saturday, April 5, noon to 3 p.m.

BLOOMS OF STEEL
The Making of an International City

Original Play by Kimberly Aldrich-Ceja
Directed by Jacqi Loewy

TrueNorth Cultural Arts presents historical drama to be premiered Friday, May 9th at their new theatre in the Lorain County Metro Parks, TrueNorth at French Creek.

May 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 23, 24, 25, and 26. Show times are at 7:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays
3 p.m. Sundays and Memorial Day.

Thursday, April 3 from 6 to 10 p.m. and Saturday, April 5 from noon to 3 p.m.
TrueNorth at French Creek Nature Center, 4530 Colorado Avenue (SR 611) in Sheffield Village, just 10 minutes west from Crocker Park. Callbacks will follow the Saturday auditions from 3 to 5 p.m. Rehearsals will begin on Monday, April 7.

Characters include:

Emil: 70s to 80s, a third-generation steel mill retiree.

Erica: Early 30s, Emil's grandson's wife. She works as a park naturalist.

Joey: 10, Erica's son, Emil's great-grandson.

Several other featured roles of various ethnicities are also available for ages 10 to 60, including an African-American female, 20s, and an Hispanic man, 20s. Many roles can be doubled. We are also interviewing stage managers. Please contact Rick Fortney at rafortney at oh.rr.com for more information or visit www.TNCArts.org

Directions to TrueNorth at French Creek, French Creek Nature Center

>From Elyria, LaGrange, Penfield: Take SR 301 (Abbe Road) north. Drive past Lorain County Community College; remain on SR 301 north until you reach the intersection of SR 301 and SR 611 (Colorado Ave). (You will pass through the intersections of SR 301 with SR 254 and French Creek Road) Turn left onto SR 611 (at St. Theresa Catholic Church). The entrance to the Nature Center will be approximately 1-1/2 miles further on the left. (If you reach the intersection of SR 611 and East River Rd., you have gone too far.)

PLEASE NOTE:  Directions from Elyria, LaGrange, Penfield ... Abbe Road is closed between French Creek Road and Route 611.  We may need to direct them down French Creek Road, Right on Easy River Rd and Right on Colorado Ave/ Route 611.