[NEohioPAL] FINAL WEEKEND!!!! Fourth Wall Presents "Just Shy of Closure"

Carli Miluk broadwaybabe19 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 28 08:23:43 PDT 2008

Fourth Wall Productions invites you to come see the second show of their second season,
Just Shy of Closure.
Just Shy of Closure is a romantic comedy about getting a second chance with your first love.

The show times are:
March 27, 28, 29 at 8 pm
March 30 at 5 pm

General Admission is only $10 and special student pricing at just $7!
(College students be sure to bring school ID with you)
 email tickets at fourthwallproductions.com or call (216) 258-1318

Maps and directions to our new location in the Enterprise Building at 540 E. 105th St. are available on our website www.fourthwallproductions.com
Also check out our website for the theatrical trailer of "Just Shy of Closure"

Cool Cleveland Review

Fourth Wall Productions           March 21. 2008

There are 'opening nights' and then there are 'OPENING NIGHTS!' with blinking lights on the marquee and searchlights lighting up the night sky, and . . .

Friday night truly was one of the latter events, as it was opening night in their new home for one of the newest theatrical ventures in our town, FOURTH WALL PRODUCTIONS, plus the opening night for a new play, Just Shy of Closure - the world premiere performance, in fact.

The space utilized by Fourth Wall is marvelously versatile, allowing for varying configurations depending on the needs of the play being performed. In this case, David Allan's Just Shy of Closure is an intimate romantic comedy, so the audience placement consists of 48 seats. No matter where one sits, one can easily hear and see the emotions that register on the faces of the actors.

Fourth Wall's target audience is the young adult 18-35, although they'll happily entertain older adults as well. Anyone can appreciate good writing that utilizes snappy dialogue and interesting characters. And, almost anyone can relate to the 'one that got away' while in high school or college, or maybe even while younger than that. You can't help but wonder 'I wonder what he or she is doing now? Does he ever think of me?'

That was the genesis of Mr. Allan's script: running into an old flame the night before her wedding, and discovering that she'd wondered about him, as well. Briskly directed by Rebecca Cole, the action never flags in this one act (75 minute) play. Dash Combs is perfect as the slightly nerdy (on the surface) Ethan, whose life is suddenly interrupted by a phone call from Elizabeth, about whom he has dreamed since grade school. He's intelligent and perceptive, just shy, especially where she's concerned. He's hopeful, yet certain his hopes will be dashed once again.

In the meantime, he's started a somewhat risky venture at college, and his pal Kenny is the brawn that backs up Ethan's brains. Michael Fluellen never quite goes over the top in his portrayal. Although he does occasionally go right to the brink, he, too, has a soft underside that surprises even him when it appears.

Erin R. diLauro as Elizabeth is winsome and pretty, but not sure enough of herself as she tries to explain to Ethan just why she wants to meet him for a drink or something before she leaves again the next day for her new home – and soon to be new husband. She looks for encouragement from her best friend Becky, who is brought to vivid life by Carli Taylor Miluk. Her comic timing and quick change emotions are hilarious.

In the end, we don't always get what we want, unless we want the unexpected. A good life lesson for all of us.

Costumes by Kiera Mansell were entirely appropriate, as was the set and lighting of Justin Tatum as Technical Director. Matthew A. Sprosty kept things running smoothly as stage manager.
Ticket prices are low – about the cost of a movie ticket – and the play continues through March 30th.  Next up at Fourth Wall is The Bank Guards which opens May 22nd. Should be fun.
http://www.fourthwallproductions.com

-- Kelly Ferjutz
Windows Live Hotmail is giving away Zunes.
http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/ZuneADay/?locale=en-US&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Mobile_Zune_V3