[NEohioPAL] Cleveland Shakespeare Festival's Performance Schedule

Cleve Shakes cleveshakes08info at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 5 21:08:34 PDT 2008

The Cleveland Shakespeare Festival’s performance schedule for summer 2008;

Hamlet by William Shakespeare – Directed by Artistic Director, Larry Nehring - and

Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead by Tom Stoppard - Directed by John C. Davis

Fri.  06/20   Hamlet       Cuyahoga Community College – West                  Parma, OH
Sat. 06/21   Hamlet       Cuyahoga Community College – West                  Parma, OH

Fri.  06/27   Ros & Gld   Cuyahoga Community College – West                  Parma, OH
Sat. 06/28   Ros & Gld   Cuyahoga Community College – West                  Parma, OH

[The June weekends will be the only time this season when performances are on Fridays.]

Sat. 07/05*  Hamlet         Falls River Square Amphitheater             Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Sun.07/06   Ros & Gld     Falls River Square Amphitheater             Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Sat. 07/12*  Hamlet         Penitentiary Glen Reserve Nature Center             Kirtland, OH
Sun.07/13   Ros & Gld     Penitentiary Glen Reserve Nature Center             Kirtland, OH

Sat. 07/19   Hamlet         Shaker Heights Community Colonnade     Shaker Heights, OH
Sun.07/20   Ros & Gld     Shaker Heights Community Colonnade     Shaker Heights, OH

Sat. 07/26   Hamlet          LCCC’s Stocker Center for the Arts                       Elyria, OH
Sun.07/27   Ros & Gld      LCCC’s Stocker Center for the Arts                       Elyria, OH

Sat. 08/02   Hamlet          Tremont Community’s Lincoln Park Gazebo      Cleveland, OH
Sun.08/03   Ros & Gld      Tremont Community’s Lincoln Park Gazebo      Cleveland, OH

All performances begin promptly at 7 PM and are free of admission charge. Donations, of course,
are always most gratefully accepted, sometimes subtly suggested and on the rare occasion -
flagrantly and shamelessly begged for. We have also performed for baked goods and
were once offered a goat in thanks for our fine rendering of The Bard's best.
Just checking to see if you were still with us.

Programs are edited to run approximately one hour, forty-five minutes and are performed without an intermission. Restrooms are available at all venues - although, in truth - some are closer than others.

Although various quantities of limited seating is available at some of the venues - bringing a blanket, cushions, or lawn chairs is strongly advised. Picnics are permitted but none of our venues permit alcoholic beverages to be brought onto the premises. Ask us where we're headed after the show! There is always somewhere local!

Alternate indoor performance space is available for all performance dates EXCEPT*
Sat. 07/05 and Sat. 07/12. We make every attempt to avoid canceling any performance, as rescheduling is impossible, but should either of those two dates meet with seriously inclement weather, possibility does exist that the safety of both patrons and actors may require us to cancel prior to starting or even mid performance should a light drizzle become a downpour. Repeat after me; “It Will Not Rain. It Will Not Rain. It Will Not...”

More details about The Cleveland Shakespeare Festival, these six exciting venues and their many events both before and after our visits will be announced here and through other news, arts and culture resources as the summer season approaches. Cleveland SHAKES up your summer!

"Thou shalt be amaz'ed"