[NEohioPAL] Audition: 1st Tenor & Bass Needed - Christian Based Singing Group

Raine Austen raineausten at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 06:43:39 PDT 2008

Raine Austen & Resounding Joy!

A faith based performing singing group is currently auditioning male singers for two vocal parts: 1st tenor and bass.

Headed by Raine Austen, a Christian artist who spent years in the music biz in Nashville, returned home in 2003. Raine began a Christmas Concert Series that will perform it's third season at the Playhouse Square - (Hanna Theatre provided it's completed for the 08 series). Because of the damand for local performances, Raine Austen and her singers, known as Resounding Joy!, are scheduled to perform a patriotic series of concerts during the summer months, which will then segue into the Christmas season.  We are under the musical direction of pianist Christopher Toth, who is unbelievably superb.

Two male voices are needed. These two singers must know how to read music (sight reading not a priority).  You must sing on key!! Stage presence a must!! Resounding Joy! performs heavy choral music, but also features its singers with solos, duets, etc. We sing a palethora of styles but stay within the contemporary, inspirational and choral genres, with some southern gospel and pop rock included: i.e. Avalon, Point of Grace, MWSmith, Gaither Vocal Group, etc.

You do not have to be a "professional" singer, but you must be serious with the commitment as this is a year long series of concerts with weekly rehearsals and plenty of music to learn. But it doesn't mean you won't have a life outside of the commitment! We absolutely love what we do and have a blast! No travel is involved at the moment.

If you want to experience regular standing ovasions, please send your resume or bio along with a picture (optional) to raineausten at yahoo.com. Serious only apply please.

Raine

"Write your hurts in the sand and carve your blessings in stone!"