[NEohioPAL] Great Lakes & Playhouse Auditions

Zoldessy, Brian Brian.Zoldessy at tri-c.edu
Mon Apr 7 10:50:23 PDT 2008

The Cleveland Shakespeare Festival and the Combined Great
Lakes/Playhouse auditions are approaching - call me - I'll help you find
great monologues, get you prepared and our work together will catapult
you to the top of your audition work!  216-987-2338.

Prepare your College or Cleveland Auditions with the first acting coach
in Ohio sanctioned by the North Central College Association - Brian
Zoldessy, award winning actor, director, coach, recently named one of
the top acting professors in Ohio by Ohio Magazine and Crain's Cleveland
Business, invites you to join the growing list of students who have
successfully auditioned and have been accepted to: NYU, Carnegie Mellon,
Boston University, Northwestern, Boston Conservatory, UCLA and many
others. Numerous Cleveland performers have won the call-back and/or the
role in many productions. The Actor's Toolbox *, presents a "blueprint"
for preparing auditions and sectioning materials to achieve distinction
and individuality in every audition performance.

-increase the range and depth of your auditions;

-give voice and body to every monologue performed;

-conquer the frequently unpredictable artistic challenges of
contemporary and                         classical theatre auditions;

-experience a persuasive expression of a finely etched audition
performance.

(* The Actor's Toolbox by Brian Zoldessy, currently in re-writes/
Copyright 2005 Course Packet Publishing)

* Convenient location!     * All rehearsals in a real theatre, not an
artificial work-space

                                                * The Best Rates in
Town!

REVIEWS:

Dear Brian,
        Well, you have succeeded once more, Mr. Zoldessy. Yesterday, I
found out I got into the Theatre Education program at NYU! I just want
to thank you again so much for all your amazing advice and training. You
are an amazing teacher and I hope you will come to visit me in the city
when I am there. I will definitely keep in touch with you to let you
know about what happens in my life in the future and I hope you will
let me know what you are doing as well. Thank you again for everything
Brian, and I hope we can work together again in the future. Good luck.

Sincerely, Emily Baron

 Brian Zoldessy is the greatest acting teacher I have ever had. I give
him a lot of the credit for my college acceptances. He first directed me
in Lord of the Flies in 2002, which ended up being one of the most
rewarding acting experiences of my life. Brian has helped me grow in
ways I didn't think possible, and he has not only been a wonderful
coach, but a wonderful friend. He's funny, caring, and intelligent, and
I've recommended him to everyone I know seeking a coach.

Alex Wyse

Great Acting Coach in our own backyard

I just wanted to write a note regarding the talents of my acting coach,
Brian Zoldessy.  A gifted actor and director, he is also terrific as an
acting instructor.  He shows you how to start with the basics of acting
and then how to build on those basics to get the layered performance
that every actor strives for.  His passion and respect for his craft
have certainly inspired me to pay "even more attention to the work".

Molly Clay

Dear Brian,

Congratulations on the wonderful article in the January 2nd Crain's
edition! You do such good work at the College particularly at the
Eastern Campus. The article certainly chronicles your many talents in
promoting the arts. We are all very proud of your accomplishments and
thrilled that the media decided to share your achievements with the
public.

You are certainly an ambassador for Cuyahoga Community College and we
value all that you have done over the years and what you are and will
continue to do to expose our students and community to the arts.

Jerry Sue Thornton, President, Cuyahoga Community College

Subject: Celebrating a great performance
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 17:19:06 -0400

I had one of those rare moments the other day. I saw a local actor give
once-in-a-lifetime performance. It was even more unusual, in that the
performance was in a new play which still needed work.

The play is called TO KNOW HIM, a drama by Albi Gorn about an AIDS
patient
and a female rabbinical student who comes to visit him. They argue
religion, talk about old movies, and ultimately she tries to get him to
reconcile with his estranged father. The incredibly riveting performance
was by Brian Zoldessy, who so inhabited the role with every breath,
movement, look, gesture, and action that I will likely remember it to
the
end of my life.

Brian himself had a severely life-threatening illness earlier this year
--where he was in and out of the hospital for a good 3 months. His
experience
clearly shaped how he handled the role. With painstaking physical work
--
from the smallest details, like putting lotion on his leg -- Zoldessy
showed exhaustion, anger, pain, and spiritual despair - yet instead of

I just wanted to celebrate a wonderful performance!

Linda Eisenstein
Cleveland, OH, USA
lindaeisenstein at yahoo.com www.lindaeisenstein.com

BIOGRAPHY:

Brian Zoldessy is Assistant Professor and Director of the Theatre Arts
Department at Cuyahoga Community College, Eastern Campus. (In 1995 he
was the first non-tenured faculty member to receive CCC's prestigious
Ralph M. Besse Award for Teaching Excellence and was honored with The
Outstanding Achievement Award for Teaching by the International
Conference for Teaching and Leadership, Austin, Texas).  As a
professional actor, Brian has worked in New York, L.A., Chicago, and
Cleveland (ART, Crossing Delancey, Awake and Sing, Talley's Folly, Down
The Road, Forty Deuce, Seedfolks, To Know Him and The Boys Next Door)
and has appeared on Broadway, Off-Broadway, in television and films,
working with, Kevin Bacon, Matthew Broderick, Fisher Stevens, John
Travolta, Woody Allen, Eli Wallach and the late, great, Jack Gilford.
Additional, Brian performed stand-up comedy at many of New York's famous
comedy clubs, including, The Improvisation, Catch A Rising Star, and
Dangerfield's (Rodney Dangerfield's Nightclub), where he also served as
comedy writer/manager for Dangerfield's back-up comedian, Adam Keefe.
A winner of the Kennedy Center's Irene Ryan Acting and Directing Award,
he has directed and produced over 50 productions.  Favorites include,
Six Degrees of Separation, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Glengarry
Glen Ross, Agnes of God, The Male and Female Odd Couple, Othello, The
Taming of the Shrew, Jeffrey (Beck Center), The Sunshine Boys, (Halle
Theatre), Hamlet ESP (Cleveland Stage Company), A Midsummer Night's
Dream, The Comedy of Errors, and Coriolanus, (The Cleveland Shakespeare
Festival)  as well as the highly acclaimed Lord of the Flies at the Beck
Center for the Arts. Other awards and honors include, The Exemplary
Professor Award ( National Conference of the American Association for
Higher Education), Meritorious Performance and Professional Excellence
Award ( California State University ), The Carleton and Winthrop Palmer
Award for Outstanding Accomplishment in Theatre Arts ( Long Island
University ), Best Actor, Supporting Actor, and Best Character Actor
(Post Theatre Company, New York).  Brian is also a theatre faculty
member for the Special Studies Program, at the Chautauqua Institution,
the Beck Center Conservatory program, and the Fairmount Performing Arts
Camp.

In 2005, Brian was nominated by the Northeast Ohio Critics Association
for Best Actor (To Know Him - Halle Theatre), for his work as actor,
director and theatre educator by the Cleveland Theatre Collective and
was recently awarded The Cuyahoga Community College Dean's Award of
Excellence for his outstanding contributions to the college and the
theatre arts department.  Ohio Magazine and Crain's Cleveland Business
recently selected Brian as one of Ohio' top educators.  His inclusion
appears in the December '05 Excellence In Education issue (Ohio
Magazine) and the January '06 Crain's Higher Education issue.  In
addition to his classroom activities, Brian also privately coaches many
Cleveland performers as well as preparing many senior High School
students for their college theatre arts auditions.

Contact: brian.zoldessy at tri-c.edu     216-987-2338

Brian Zoldessy

Home - 216 - 752-6972

Work  - 216 - 987-2338