[NEohioPAL] An apology and an appeal from Dobama Theatre

Joyce Casey jcasey at dobama.org
Thu Apr 24 11:49:16 PDT 2008

To all the wonderful actors who auditioned for The Cleveland Plays:

I was overwhelmed by the interest in our project. I so appreciate each one
of you who come to our audition....back in January?  It was very helpful to
playwrights Eric Coble, Nina Domingue & Eric Schmiedl to have an early
audition.

  It was a very long casting process.  In fact, we completed the process in
late March.  I fully intended to personally thank each of you.  I have just
not found time to do so. Therefore, I hope you will accept this public
apology and "thank you" to each of you who made your way to the Cleveland
Play House for our audition.  Cleveland is blessed with an extensive pool of
outstanding actors!

Dobama will be celebrating the 30th Anniversary of our Marilyn Bianchi Kids'
Playwriting Festival June 12-15. We have selected 19 plays written by 1st -
12th graders.  We hope to produce 8-10 of them in a week-end of free theater
that any area family can attend.

Actors & directors are not paid for this project.  We could not produce this
project otherwise.  Founder Donald Bianchi termed it an opportunity for
artists to give back to their community, which I know each of you already
does.

Anyway, to those of you with the inclination & the time we would love to see
you at auditions this week-end. I can promise you a rewarding experience.

No prep necessary...we will read from the scripts!

Unitarian Universalist Society, 2728 Lancashire Rd, Cleve Hts

Sunday April 27

6-8 pm	Actors 10 and under

8-10 pm	Actors 10 and older

Tuesday, April 29