[NEohioPAL] Tom Fulton - Monologue Work

Tom Fulton tomtq2 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 13:56:49 PDT 2008

Hello Everyone,
 I have been approached by a number of actors to help work their monologues.
For those and others who may be interested, I am available for private
coaching weekday evenings after 5:30.  Please contact me
<tomtq2 at gmail.com>and we'll set up a mutually agreeable time. Coaching
sessions are usually
held at The Mayfield Village Performing Arts
Center<http://www.fairmountcenter.org/mayfield/map.htm>at the corner
of Wilson Mills and SOM Center Road (Rt. 91)
 *How we'll approach your monologue or character.*
Whether I am teaching an acting class or coaching a monologue, the focus is
on dynamic personal  values in each moment.  Monologues - especially
audition monologues - are very tough.  The danger is that they end up being
one long tone, rather than a series of discoveries and revelations.
Ultimately what matters - what gets you cast - is how little artifice there
is and how much of 'you' is revealed.  We work to reveal the artist within -
through the distinctive action of the character.

I teach a program of study based on the Stanislavski System of Actor
Development.  It is an approach to acting that was essentially *discovered
and then articulated*, not really invented.  Stanislavski created his system
by studying what great actors do to achieve authentic, dyamic and artistic
results on the stage.  In my experience it offers the best foundation for
understanding the art of acting.  No other technique is quite as straight
forward and devoid of mystery.  It is a practical, doable, inspiring set of
theories, exercises and philosophies.   I learned it from my teacher, Joan
Potter, and she learned it from her teacher Lee Strasberg, who learned it
from his; Richard Boleslavski, who learned it from Stanislavski.  The legacy
of this training endures because it creates conditions in each actor that
reveals the artist within.

1 Hr. - $45.00

Tom
 --