[NEohioPAL] On-Camera Workshop - Sunday May 4, 2008 1-7pm

Acting in Columbus actingincolumbus at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 14:44:47 PDT 2008

On-Camera Workshop with RICHARD MASON - Sunday May 4, 2008 1pm - 7pm at Acting in Columbus - 1393 East Broad Street - Columbus, Ohio 43215. Call 614-516-9711 to register.

  Learn how to audition for and break into the local commercial and industrial industry. If you already have an agent but want to increase your "Bookability" this workshop will give you the edge over your competitors!      By taking this class you have the opportunity to show the agents that you are serious about pursuing this type of work. It also allows them to be more confident in submitting you, because they know you'll be able to handle yourself in front of the camera. Being a good commercial actor requires many things, including strong acting skills, a solid work ethic, and lots of hard work. This class is a good first step toward acquiring those things and being successful.
     This workshop will give you:   • Experience with the actual audition process: You'll work on-camera all day doing both prepared and cold readings, and receive plenty of feedback from instructor Richard Mason
• Script analysis skills: We have written our own textbook that breaks this process down and makes it simple
• Comfort in front of the camera: How do you stand? How do you hold the script? How do you deal with your partner and the camera at the same time? What is a slate? What do you do with your hands?
• Practice at doing all types of commercials: Scene work, improv, one-liners, bite and smiles, handling products, etc.
• How to get started: This is our "Intro to the World of Camera Acting" class. It includes our "How Does This Business Really Work?" Seminar. You will learn how to make the first contact with the agents, and all the follow-ups you will need to "Break In". You'll also learn how to market to the casting directors, all about pictures and resumes, how the unions work, etc.

  This Workshop is limited to 12 students. **As of May 1, 2008 there are five (5) slots available.

  ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR: Richard Mason SAG-AFTRA-AEA. Click on this link: http://www.actingincolumbus.com/servlet/Page?template=about