[NEohioPAL] Piano free to a good home

Janice Mastin-Kamps janmk1978 at gmail.com
Mon May 12 07:06:18 PDT 2008

Good morning,

I need to give away a homely old dog of an upright piano. I got her for free
twelve years ago as a battleship-gray hulk, and painted her white with the
idea that I'd eventually do some decorative painting on her.  Never got to
it. She's been in constant use.

The piano plays, and the keys work-- I think there might be one that's iffy,
but I'd have to figure out which one. A piano tuner told me that she has
pretty good tone for what she is: she began life as a player piano, and had
surgery long ago to remove that mechanism.

So she's not a Steinway-- but she was sufficient for my talented daughter to
teach herself to play, and to help her rehearse for all the vocal
performances she's done over the years. Other beautiful voices have tried
out audition songs on her too. If those notes have somehow worked their way
into the piano's molecular structure, there may be some really magical vibes
hidden in there.

No promises, though.

Her best fate might be as a stage prop, a basement rec room bang-away-on-it
piano to spare the good one upstairs, or as a blank canvas for an
adventuresome artist.

She's free-- you'd just need to move her. And she is heavy!

Please email me (janmk1978 at gmail.com) for more info and a picture. I live in
Medina.

Thank you,

Janice Mastin-Kamps