[NEohioPAL] PREVIEW NIGHT: My Favorite Year at Beck Center - Thursday, May 15

Fran Storch fstorch at beckcenter.org
Tue May 13 14:46:18 PDT 2008

~ $10 Preview Night ~

Beck Center for the Arts
presents
A good old-fashioned musical comedy
My Favorite Year
Thursday, May 15
8:00 pm
Mackey Main Stage
Book by Joseph Dougherty
Music by Stephen Flaherty
Lyrics by Lynn Ahrens
Directed by William Roudebush
Starring Matthew Wright* as "Alan Swann"

Preview night admission is $10 at the door.  No advance purchases.  General admission seating.  Doors open approximately 15 minutes prior to curtain.

Based on the 1982 hit film starring Peter O'Toole, My Favorite Year is a nostalgic look at the early days of television, capturing all of the comedy and drama of "live" TV.  Look back fondly to 1954 with Benjy Stone, the freshman comedy writer for the hit variety show, King Kaiser's Comedy Cavalcade, as he proves himself as a writer, falls in love for the first time and meets his childhood idol, movie star Alan Swann - now a washed-up, womanizing alcoholic.

Directed by award-winning director, William Roudebush, My Favorite Year stars Matthew Wright* as Alan Swann and features Shawn Galligan as Benjy Stone with Jean Zarzour* as Benjy's mother - Belle Steinberg Carroca, Theresa Kloos as his love interest - K.C. Downing, John Polk as King Kaiser, and a strong supporting cast of over 30 talented actors.

My Favorite Year runs May 16 - June 8 on the Mackey Main Stage (no performance on Sunday, May 25).  There is a special Thursday evening performance on June 5.  Tickets are $28 for adults, $25 for seniors, $17 for students (22 and under with I.D.).  Special group rates are available for groups of 13 or more.  To reserve tickets, contact the Beck Center box office at 216-521-2540 or online at www.beckcenter.org <http://www.beckcenter.org/> .

My Favorite Year is sponsored by National City, West Roofing Systems, Cox Communications, the Ohio Arts Council, The Wave 107.3 FM, Cuyahoga Arts & Culture, WCLV 104.9, and LakewoodBuzz.com.  Produced through special arrangement with Music Theatre International.

Beck Center for the Arts is located just 10 minutes west of downtown Cleveland at 17801 Detroit Avenue in Lakewood.  Free, convenient on-site parking is available.

Cast of Characters
Benjy Stone..........Shawn Galligan
Alan Swann..........Matthew Wright *
King Kaiser..........John J. Polk
Belle May Steinberg Carroca..........Jean Zarzour *
Sy Benson..........Jim McCormack
Herb Lee..........Woodie Anderson
Alice Miller..........Rachel Spence
Leo Silver..........Bob Abelman
Uncle Morty/Ensemble..........Geoffrey Darling
Aunt Sadie/Ensemble..........Rhoda Rosen
Rookie Carroca..........Joey Cayabyab
Tess/Ensemble..........Tricia O'Toole
K.C. Downing..........Theresa Kloos

Company
(in alphabetical order)
Cowgirl, Babe, Neighbor, Gypsy, Coffee Cup..........Elizabeth Adamescu
Martian, Neighbor, Prom Boy, Gypsy, Musketeer..........Tim Anderson
Cow Girl, Babe, Bingo Girl, Passerby..........Yvonne Buemi
Sound Tech, Bingo Girl, Prom Girl..........Caitlin Coleman
Speedy Alka Seltzer, Bingo Girl, Passerby, Princess Veronica..........Jacqueline Cummins
Skater, Babe, Neighbor, Prom Girl, Gypsy, Coffee Cup..........Megan DePetro
Tech/Grip, Neighbor, Passerby, Gypsy..........Ed Dragony
Daisy, Neighbor..........Aubrey-Kristen Fisher
Camera Man, Deli Max, Roquefort..........Kris Hebble
Choreographer, Neighbor, Passerby, Gypsy, Musketeer..........Paul Hoffman
Assistant Stage Manager, Rabbi, Scungilli..........James Lenahan
Floor Manager, Boxer, Announcer..........Darryl M. Lewis
Indian, Bingo Girl, Passerby, Sound Tech..........Nicole Lublin
Cow Girl, Babe, Neighbor, Gypsy, Coffee Cup..........Jordan Renee Malin
Wardrobe, Bingo Girl, Coffee Pot..........Jenna Messina
Cow Girl, Babe, Neighbor, Coffee Cup..........Catherine Pikus
Camera Man, Boxer, Doorman..........Michael J. Rogan
Caveman, Neighbor, Prom Boy, Gypsy..........Ryan Smith
Opera Diva, Babe, Bingo Girl, Countess, Coffee Cup..........Susan Wagner

*Actor appears courtesy of the Actors' Equity Association (AEA), the union of actors and stage managers.

Production Staff
Artistic Director..........Scott Spence
Director..........William Roudebush **
Musical Director ..........Larry Goodpaster
Choreographer..........Martín Céspedes **
Stage Manager..........Diana D'Alessandro
Assistant Stage Managers..........Rebecca Lamb, Tony Weishar
Scenic Designer..........Richard Gould
Costume Designer..........Alison Garrigan
Lighting Designer..........Jeremy K. Benjamin
Sound/Projection Designer..........Richard B. Ingraham
Technical Director..........Joseph Carmola
Fight Director..........John Davis
Light Board..........Ken Parsons
Sound Operator..........Kirk Gaughan
Follow Spots..........Hayley Baran, Mary Kahelin, Mike Majer, Anna Verbiak
Props..........Kate George
Book Holder..........Jean Fyfe

** Member of the Society of Stage Directors and Choreographers (SSDC)

Orchestra
Musical Director/Conductor..........Larry Goodpaster
Keyboards..........Douglas Collier, Larry Goodpaster
Reeds..........Karen Langenwalter, David Nelson
French Horn..........Meredith Evans
Trumpets..........Melissa Mejia, Matt Wirfel, Malachy Rodriquez
Trombone..........Kevin Wenner
Bass..........Kevin Aylward, Gary Thobaben
Percussion..........Don Safranek

Beck Center for the Arts is a nonprofit 501(C)3 organization whose mission is to offer the highest quality arts experience, performance, and education to all people and communities of the region.

Thank you for supporting the arts in our community!

Posted by:
Fran Storch
Marketing Assistant
Beck Center for the Arts