[NEohioPAL] Injured Actor Files Petition

DALE SHIELDS ricardo2541 at msn.com
Sat May 17 12:44:32 PDT 2008

This is from today’s NY Times…

Arts, Briefly

Injured Actor Files Petition

By CAMPBELL ROBERTSON; Compiled by LAWRENCE VAN GELDER

Published: May 16, 2008

An
actor who was injured last Saturday when he fell through a trap door on
the set of “Disney’s The Little Mermaid” has asked for a court order to
preserve a prop in the show as evidence for a potential lawsuit. In the
petition, filed on Wednesday in Manhattan Supreme Court, Adrian Bailey,
above, asked that Disney and the Nederlander Organization, which owns
the Lunt Fontanne Theater, the show’s home, be ordered to preserve a
“certain show prop sailing ship,” as well as the prop’s design and
repair records, so they can be inspected. Mr. Bailey, 51, fell through
a trap door on the sailing ship and landed on the stage 30 to 40 feet
below, according to court papers. He was taken to Bellevue Hospital
Center, where he is being treated for fractured wrists, a broken back,
a shattered pelvis, a fractured sternum, several fractured ribs and a
fractured foot. He has undergone four surgeries, the court papers said.
Officials from the Nederlander Organization declined to comment.
Officials from Disney Theatrical Productions said they were
investigating the accident.

 To those NYC people who know and our friends of Adrian.

We KNOW he is on the mend and he KNOWS that we are all with him in prayer and meditation.

Dale Ricardo Shields