[NEohioPAL] *** First Hand Encounters Audition / Callback ***

George Butiri gbutiri at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 06:23:21 PDT 2008

From: Two Martinis Productions, LLC (twomartinis.com)

This short is a Pilot Episode for an action packed planned series entitled "First Hand". We are basing the series out of Seville, Medina County, and Cleveland, OH.

Available Characters and dates they are required on set:

- Master Jo --- Martial arts teacher/trainer. (speaking male role, Aug 2nd)
- Master Yin --- Asian Martial arts grand master. (speaking, Aug 2nd)
- Judges x2 --- Military Judges (one speaking, July 27th AM)
- Lawyer --- Non speaking (or improv dialog, July 27th PM)
- MP --- Military Police escorts Main character out of the courthouse. (non speaking, July 27th PM)
- 4 x Martial arts students --- (non speaking must know martial arts or take choreography well, July 13th night, Aug 2nd day)
- 5 x Armed thugs --- (pistol familiarity required - must know all 4 safety rules by heart - non speaking - some minor stunts required, July 12th).
- 2 x Business type armed guards --- Suit/clean shaved. (ONE speaking - some martial arts experience is a bonus, July 26th)
- Baby --- Wasp and Melanie's baby (Aug 2nd PM - night)

Please let us know what best would fit your schedule/character in order of preference. We will try to accommodate the best role. Pick at least 2 or 3 to ensure a role. If there are no preferences, we will pick for you.

* PAY - This is a non paid position, however, we will compensate you for any fuel used to travel to and from locations, and any additional production related cost that we see fit.

* Food and water will be provided on set via catering service at no cost to you.

* You will be expected to perform a drama monologue. You may search the web for "monologues". Make your monologue no longer than 2 minutes please.

* You may also display a kata if you are a martial artist. Again, please keep it under 2 minutes.

* The audition / callbacks will take place in two different locations to best suit your travel / distance needs. The following dates and locations will be used for the audition / callbacks:

Saturday, June 7th
NOON - 4 PM
Community Center
6 Spring Street, Seville, OH 44273

Sunday, June 8th
10 AM - 2 PM
Shore Cultural Centre
291 East 222nd Street, Euclid, OH 44123

* The callback will be taped, so be prepared to perform in front of a camera.

* Remember, this is a series, so if you're not selected for the pilot, you will get your chance at being in future episodes. We will keep all of your information for future reference.

Looking forward to seeing you at the audition.