[NEohioPAL] 48 Hour Film registration details and more information!

Brian Bowers bjbowers4584 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 13:04:13 PDT 2008

I have received many questions regarding the 48 Hour Film Project and how to register, how to get involved, etc. Here are some answers to the most popular questions!

1. "When is registration?" Registration officially opens Monday June 16th. To register, go to www.48hourfilm.com/cleveland--effective Monday there should be a link to click on that will allow you to register.

2. "Who needs to register?" If you are a filmmaker, director, or producer that wishes to compete in the contest, you need to register. Please go to www.48hourfilm.com and view the "For Filmmakers" tab at the top for more info and FAQ specifically for filmmakers.

3. "I am an actor and want to act in a film--how do I get involved?" Please do NOT send me your headshot and resume. You should go to www.48hourfilm.com/cleveland and click the "join a team" link. On that page you can make a note that you're interested in acting, and can also include your resume if you wish. Filmmakers will be able to contact you if you sign up this way. You should also sign up for the mailing list--this is how I will be communicating all of the details of the contest and surrounding events to the participants.

4. "But I'm a SAG actor--does this mean I can't participate?" OR "I'd really like to use SAG actors..." If you are currently a member of SAG you can still participate as an actor in 48HFP by filling out the SAG Short Film Contract with the 48HFP rider, and the SAG Internet usage rider. You can get these forms from your team leader closer to the contest.

Thanks again for the overwhelming interest. If your question was not answered in the above, please check out www.48hourfilm.com for more information, or email me at cleveland at 48hourfilm.com. Thanks!

Brian Bowers
Cleveland City Producer, 48 Hour Film Project
www.48hourfilm.com/cleveland