[NEohioPAL] Girls Night:The Musical Cleveland Casting Call!! At The Cleveland Play House. Local gals, here is your chance to get in on the act!

Vintage Kitty vintagekitty at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 12 08:39:49 PDT 2008

GIRLS NIGHT: THE MUSICAL (UK hit show)
Theatre: BOLTON THEATRE ( The Cleveland Play House )
NON-EQUITY MUSICAL
SALARY: $600.00/WEEK FOR EACH FULL REHEARSAL OR PERFORMANCE WEEK. PARTIAL
WORK WEEKS WILL BE PAID ON A PRO-RATED BASIS. WHILE OUT OF TOWN PRODUCER WILL
PROVIDE AIR TRAVEL, GROUND TRANSPORTATION AND HOUSING PLUS A DAILY $35.00 PER DIEM.
Producer: Entertainment Events Inc. (NY)
Auditions: Open Call - June 17, 2008, 11am (Callbacks to follow in afternoon.)
Rehearsals: June 22-27 in NY, June 30-July 7 in Cleveland
Run: July 8th-20 in Cleveland, Ohio

There is a very strong possibility that this cast will be considered for a future 4 week run in Buffalo starting Sept. 16th with a possible extension as well as replacements on the full tour of the show.

Seeking the following:

Five singing comedic actresses who can dance to play characters in their mid-20’s to early 40’s.

ROLES:

[CAROL] 40 years old. The party animal. She's the glue that sticks this little group together. They all want to have her approval, tell her their secrets but she hides her own pain deep down inside. Always deflecting sadness with a laugh or a joke. Sings DON’T CRY OUT LOUD.

[LIZA] 40 years old. Funny, sassy and sexy. Liza is married with three children whom she adores and a husband who adores her. Only trouble is Liza can't let herself love her husband because she's too scared he'll leave her - just like her dad did. Sings I WILL SURVIVE.

[ANITA] Late 30’s/40. Tells it like it is - she loves her husband and her daughter and despite being a bit kooky and needing occasional hospitalization she is the character who is 'most in touch with her feelings'. Sings SAY A LITTLE PRAYER, THE LOVE OF MY MAN and I AM WHAT I AM.

[KATE] Mid-30’s. She's boring and the designated driver but she adores her older sister Carol and is desperate to be 'part of the gang'. Tired of being the 'youngest' she's ready to 'break free'. Sings AT SEVENTEEN, HOLDING OUT FOR A HERO and CRY ME A RIVER.

[SHARON] Could be mid 20’s-mid 30’s. She is a mischievous, slightly bitter but humorous angel who was not ready to die. She narrates and reveals lots of secrets about her friends. Ultimately she still wants to be part of the gang - sad but true. Interacts with audience throughout. Even though Sharon has no major solos in the show, we are looking for a strong actress with a good voice and solid movement skills. Gymnastic experience a plus.

For more information please contact Rick Dines @ rick at entertainmentevents.com