[NEohioPAL] SELREC SINGERS - FINAL TWO SHOWS!!!

Stacilynv at aol.com Stacilynv at aol.com
Fri Jun 13 07:19:18 PDT 2008

Wander back in time with the  SELREC Singers as the group celebrates its four
decades of outstanding  performances in this year’s June Spectacular, “FORTY
AND  FABULOUS!!!”
The 30-member-strong adult  show choir this year salutes some of the best
music from the group’s last 40  years in existence, from Golden Oldies to Classic
Pop…from Disney favorites to  Broadway showstoppers.   Individual numbers
include “Turn the Beat Around” (Gloria Estefan),  “Corner of the Sky” (Pippin’
), “All That Jazz” (Chicago) and “Rhythm of Life” (Sweet  Charity).  Medleys
include “Sister  Act” and a “Beach Boys” tribute including “In My Room” and
“California  Girls”.  Relive your childhood as  you listen to classic Disney
songs including “It’s a Small World”, “When You  Wish Upon a Star” and a
Mary Poppins medley.  The performances include magnificent  original sets,
creative costumes, show-stopping choreography and a five-piece  orchestra.
Something exists for  every member of your family, no matter the age!
“Forty  and Fabulous” will be performed at Brush High School Performing Arts
 Auditorium located at 4875  Glenlyn Road in Lyndhurst TONIGHT, June 13th at
7:30pm and Saturday, June 14th at 2:30pm.  Tickets are $12 at the door
(Seniors are $10).  For more  information or to hear a short selection, check out
our website at _www.selrecsingers.com_ (http://www.selrecsingers.com/) .
Now in its  40th year, the SELREC Singers organization, based in the South
Euclid-Lyndhurst area, has male and female members who travel from as far north
 as Mentor and as  far south as Solon.   Bringing good music to our community
has  always been an important part of the Singers’ mission.  Our “Singouts”,
under the new leadership  of Director Jennifer Cochran and accompanist Ann
Michael, have taken us from  retirement communities across Ohio to the Allen
Theater in Downtown Cleveland.  Our performance venues have included  weddings,
luncheons, dinners, awards ceremonies, meetings, country club events,  and
summer concert series.
The SELREC Singers  performs music including pop, jazz, swing, classic,
country, and Broadway show  tunes. Our holiday repertoire includes secular
selections and seasonal  favorites.
The group began as a  women’s organization back in 1967.  One of the founding
members directed the group then called “The  Mothersingers” as part of the
South Euclid-Lyndhurst Welcome Wagon.  When the South Euclid-Lyndhurst
Recreation Department stepped in to help defray expenses, the name “The  SELREC
Singers” was born.
Join the Singers and welcome back Alumni as we pay tribute to our  40th
Anniversary in style!!!
###