[NEohioPAL] TEEN PERFORMING ARTISTS! ONLY THREE SLOTS LEFT! ACADEMY AUDITIONS EXTENDED

Tom Fulton tomtq2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 06:42:45 PDT 2008

  *CHAGRIN FALLS PERFORMING ARTS ACADEMY
www.chagrinacademy.org*
**
*ONLY THREE SLOTS LEFT*
*Private Auditions extended through July 31*

Now that school is over, students who have not been able to apply for the
Chagrin Falls Performing Arts Academy to students who are still interested
in joining the Performing Arts Academy have the time and still have the
chance.

*Private Auditions are available through July 31.*

*A CONSORTIUM OF NINE GREAT SCHOOLS*
The Performing Arts Academy is rare opportunity for Juniors and Seniors who
are students in the Aurora, Beachwood Chagrin Falls, Mayfield, Orange,
Richmond Heights, Solon, South Euclid, and West Geauga School Systems to
study theatre a half day every day as part of their regular school studies.

*STUDY PERFORMING ARTS DURING SCHOOL*

   - The Academy is fully accredited.
   - The Academy offers college credit.
   - Study during school hours - during the school year.
   - The Academy is housed in the new Chagrin Falls Performing Arts Center
   - Tuition is paid by the public school system.
   - The Academy is under the direction of Tom Fulton, a respected
   professional director, actor and acting teacher.

*DEVELOP YOUR CREATIVE SKILLS
*The Academy is for every student who wishes to develop their creative
skills and expressivity - not only young actors.  While many of our students
will be trained and will indeed go on to be actors or directors or
playwrights or singers, many others will go on to a wide range of
professions and extended study, carrying with them the special and
empowering knowledge of self that comes from the challenge of training in
the theatre.

*REAL WORLD BENEFITS
*The courage to create, the confidence to stand calmly before others in
stressful situations, the facility to be expressive, the sense of play that
makes one young at heart, the wisdom to see the big picture, the rare and
essential skill to communicate clearly, the sensitivity to find meaning in
relationships and the business of life - these are all real-world benefits
of the training at the Academy.

*THE ACADEMY TEACHES IMPORTANT LESSONS FOR LIVING - NOT JUST CREATING ON THE
STAGE*
Students learn how to relax, to concentrate, to strengthen their voices and
bodies, to be expressive physically and emotionally, to improvise, to
develop empathy for others, to become literate and aware of the world and
aware of themselves.  These are important lessons for living, not just
acting or creating on the stage.
*HOW TO APPLY*
Interested students should request an audition right away at:
http://www.chagrinacademy.org/ask.asp.  At the same time,
students must contact their student guidance counselor or EXEL TECC at
440-995-6761 to acquire the application form and paperwork to enroll.

*You should sign up for the Academy ASAP, as there are only three
slotsremaining.
*
    *PRIVATE AUDITIONS THROUGH JULY 31*
**
*A NOTE FROM TOM FULTON, DIRECTOR OF THE ACADEMY*
*"Choosing Creativity"
*
Dear performing arts students:
Dear students struggling to create:

You have a wish to create.  You are a young actor, singer, director or
perhaps a playwright.  It could be you are someone who has always wanted to
perform but have been afraid to step up onto the stage. You may not be
planning a career in the arts, yet you are, nonetheless, a person who wants
to express the creativity you know is there.  *It is a desire from deep
inside you.  *

*Rest assured, you are part of a vast tradition of young artists!*

*NURTURE YOUR CREATIVE SELF*
At The Chagrin Falls Performing Arts Academy, we honor and nurture your
creative self.  You should seriously look at the opportunities provided by
the Academy.  Because our mission is to help you master your own
creative genius through the challenging study of theatre and performing
arts.

*STUDY THAT WILL LAST A LIFETIME*
When I was your age, I had the unique opportunity to attend Interlochen Arts
Academy in Michigan my senior year in high school.  I was a young actor.
But I didn't know what that meant;  only that I loved the experience of
rehearsing and performing.  And I loved the friends, many of whom have
remained close all my life.

*DEVELOP YOUR COURAGE TO CREATE*
The creative challenge of Interlochen changed my life in so many positive
ways. It prepared me for college in a way no other school could.  It also
gave me the courage to create, something that has followed me in all aspects
of my career, from professional theatre to high-level arts and business
administration to writing and directing.  The study at Interlochen has
remained one of my fondest memories and one of my closest companions in my
view of the world.

*EVOKING BEAUTY IN YOURSELF*
By creating something we touch and evoke beauty.  Dostoevsky said "Beauty
will save the world."

*THERE'S STILL TIME TO JOIN*
Now that I have been given the opportunity, I want to help create a similar
creative, challenging and fun opportunity for the students in Northeast
Ohio. So far, we have a terrific group of talented students and - good news
- still have three slots open, so if you decide you'd like to be a part of
the Academy next year, there's still room, *but you need to act now!
There's very little time left.  Our final group must be in place by July 31.
*
*A CHANCE TO TALK
*If you or your parents would like to talk to me about the 'experience' of
the Academy; what to expect; the training and the performance opportunities
we will have next year, I would be more than happy to talk to you.  I can be
reached on the academy website at: www.chagrinacademy.org/ask.asp

Ultimately, as in all things, *follow your heart! *

Creatively yours,

Tom Fulton
Director

tomfulton at chagrinacademy.org