[NEohioPAL] about chaperoning on the FPAC Trip to NYC / Broadway

FSternfeld at aol.com FSternfeld at aol.com
Wed Jun 18 05:28:01 PDT 2008

Hi Everybody!

I've had a few questions about how we handle chaperoning of  children on the
NYC Trip.

Fairmount Performing Arts Camp staff chaperone the trip, assisted  by parent
volunteers.  The ratio is about 2 staff members and parents  to every 6 kids.
We ask parents how closely they want their children  chaperoned.  Some opt to
give their kids free time using the "buddy system"  in Times Square or
Chinatown.  Some want their child glued to a chaperone  at all times, even waiting
outside a bathroom stall.  In the hotel the kids  stay 2 or 4 to a room, or can
be roomed with an adult chaperone.  We  customize the chaperoning to each
parent's written instructions.

Also, when children younger than grade six attend, their whole  family comes
with them and chaperone the child(ren) themselves.

If any of you are intending to go on the NYC Trip, please call  Fairmount
Center today at 440-338-3171. In order to get the group tickets to  South
Pacific, August: Osage County and In the  Heights, we must purchase them by tomorrow.

Here is complete information about the trip:
_http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac08/nyc.htm_ (http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac08/nyc.htm) .

Fred Sternfeld
216-496-6087