[NEohioPAL] revised: Kent Stage moves outdoors 4 a day

The Kent Stage wrfaa at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 06:55:57 PDT 2008

July 1, 2008
for immediate release
contact: Tom Simpson
330-554-1305
www.wrfaa at yahoo.com

The Kent Stage moves the music outdoors
Bands to play under the marquee during Kent's Heritage Festival - Saturday July 5th

In years past, The Kent Stage would provide a full day of music on the stage during Kent's annual Heritage Festival without great success in drawing a crowd.  This Saturday July 5th, the Western Reserve Folk Arts Association is moving the sounds of The Kent Stage outdoors.  Music will be provided by a mix of young rock bands & Woodsy's Rock School alumni as well as a seasoned folk veteran in Brad Bolton and one of the region's aspiring musicians, David Ullman.

The core group will be Case Sensitive.  Case Sensitive is: Lucas Kadish (age 13) on guitar, keyboard, vocals, Anthony Minerovic (15) on bass, and Chris Carlson (15) on saxophone and keyboard (all from Hudson). Case Sensitive will have guest drummers throughout the day including Brian Merriman (Kent), Eros Caso (Hudson), Eric Hartung (Kent) and Tyler Gladieux (Green).   Case Sensitive will play mainly progressive (Zappa, Yes, King Crimson, Rush), some classic rock (Zeppelin, Nugent, Who, Alice Cooper) and some others (originals, Steely Dan, Red Hot Chili Peppers)

In addition to Case Sensitive, Lucas Kadish will play drums/vocals, Anthony Minerovic will play bass and Matt Chambers (15) of Canton will play guitar in the trio Monotypical.  Monotypical plays a mixture of Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rush, Van Halen, Beck, King Crimson, and Zappa.

Brad Bolton, of Kent and Northeast Ohio folk music fame, will join Kadish for a set of folk-oriented songs at 4:15 and David Ullman, an up and coming rock/folk singer/songwriter from Cleveland, will present a set of of songs from his latest CD, Dog Days at 5.00.

Additionally, The Kent Stage has made arrangements with The Dawgfather to relocate his hot dog and rib stand to just outside the building.  "There will be tables and chairs in the street creating an area to hangout, enjoy some great music and have a dog or two, explained Tom Simpson of The Kent Stage.  Also in the lobby we will be selling cold beer and our world-famous Kent Stage popcorn.  Over the years, we have had difficulties bringing folks up the hill.  This year one of our greatest supporters, Rhonda Kadish approached me about having her son Lucas and some of his bands playing during the festival.  One thing lead to another and we decided to give folks attending this great event something they could see, hear, smell and enjoy at the top of the hill." Simpson continued.  The schedule is as follows:

11:30  Monotypical (Rock)
12:30  Case Sensitive (Rock)
1:00   Case Sensitive (all Zappa set)
2:00   Monotypical  (Rock)
3:00   Case Sensitive (Progressive Rock, Rock)
4:15   Lucas Kadish and Brad Bolton
5:00   David Ullman
7:00   Case Sensitive  (Progressive Rock, Rock)

In case of weather, all activities will be moved into The Kent Stage.

The Kent Stage is located at 175 East Main Street in downtown Kent, Ohio.  For additional info, please visit our website; www.kentstage.org, email us at wrfaa at yahoo.com or phone us at 330-677-5005.

xxx