[NEohioPAL] 24 Hour Theatre- we need writers & directors... (Youngstown area)

Hollie Brubaker holliewoodby at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 6 10:55:54 PDT 2008

4th Annual
"24 Hour Theatre"
at Trumbull New Theatre
AUGUST 1-2, 2008
5883 Youngstown-Warren Road SE ~~ Niles, Ohio 44446

www.trumbullnewtheatre.com

What is 24 Hour Theatre?

Everyone wishing to participate will meet at the theatre on Friday evening. Writing teams will be teamed up with a director- with no play written. They audition actors and chose who they want in their cast. Then, all Friday night playwriting teams will each write a 10-15 min play to be staged, rehearsed and performed in front of an audience at 8pm the next day (24 hours later!) Actors and directors spend Saturday getting acquainted with the script as it unfolds on Saturday night in front of a live audience. It puts experts and "newbies" on the same playing field, providing instant gratification for all! It's like the creative process on speed. FREE TO PARTICIPATE!!! ($3 ADMISSION FOR AUDIENCE) Teams will compete for PEOPLE'S CHOICE for "Best 24 Hour Play" and the ultimate satisfaction of knowing you can produce quality work in a short time frame!

----------------- We need experienced WRITERS & DIRECTORS!!! --------------------
**This is not skit writing- this is for playwrights (for any genre) who want a new twist or want to join the fun experiment of 24 Hour Theatre... this is great for college students wanting more experience in theatre. Come join us!!!

If you are interested please reply to us by July 18th. So we know how many teams we will be having.

~IF YOU ARE FROM OUT OF TOWN, WE CAN ACCOMODATE A PLACE TO SLEEP, WE JUST NEED TO KNOW AHEAD OF TIME.

WANT TO ACT?
Come to TNT August 1 at 7:30pm to register (Auditions begin at 8pm)
Actors will be asked to perform a 1-minute monologue.

FOR MORE INFORMATION & TO REGISTER:
EMAIL: twentyfourhourtheatre at hotmail.com
BLOG: 24hourtheatre.blogspot.com
or call Byron Brubaker at 330-933-0497