[NEohioPAL] COMPANY auditions at Playhouse

ytplayhouse at aol.com ytplayhouse at aol.com
Wed Jul 9 06:31:47 PDT 2008

The Youngstown Playhouse presents the Musical...

Company

By Stephen Sondheim & George Furth

September 26 – October 5, 2008

John Holt, Director

Mike Moritz, Music Director

Audition Notice

*Sunday, July 27 & Monday July 28, 2008

6:00 PM both evenings.

*Youngstown Playhouse Main Lobby & Moyer Room.

*All roles are open.

*Please have a 1-2 minute song prepared.

*You may attend one or both of the audition dates.

The clashing sounds and pulsing rhythms of New York City underscore this landmark "concept" show, considered by many to have inaugurated the modern era of musical theatre.  “Company” follows our anti-hero bachelor Robert as he makes his way through a series of encounters with April (the stewardess), Kathy (the girl who's going to marry someone else), Marta (the "peculiar" one), as well as with his married friends.  On the night of his 35th birthday, confirmed bachelor Robert contemplates his unmarried state.  In vignette after hilarious vignette, we are introduced to his married friends, as Robert weighs the pros and cons of married life.  In the end, he realizes being alone is "alone, not alive."

Questions?  Call The Playhouse at 330-788-8739.

The Youngstown Playhouse

600 Playhouse Lane – Youngstown OH 44511